Chapter 24

It was just past three in the morning and Jerry Gonzales was at Eva Lewis' home. He knew she wasn't going to be there since he had overheard David talking to her over the phone. Jerry knew that the neighbors would be asleep. Most people slept around this time. He just needed to get in and get out.

In his hand he carried a sack full of white flowers and a can of red spray paint. He was going to leave another message for Eva.

He managed to sneak around the house and jimmy open a window. He crawled into the now open window and found himself in the dining area.

~~ACROSS THE STREET~~

He sat in his car and watched the man walking around the house carrying a small bag. He had intended to leave a surprise for the woman that lived inside that home but was beaten to it by an intruder. How interesting...and fun.

The man smiled as he opened the door to his car and got out.

~INSIDE EVA'S HOME~

Jerry was walking on eggshells trying not to make any noise. He was 99% positive no one was home but you never knew if someone would suddenly come back. He looked around him, letting his eyes adjust to the dark. He walked up the stairs and peeked into the bedrooms. He was looking for the Master Bedroom. Once he found it, he walked inside and put his bag down on the bed. He began to pull out the flowers that were still attached to the stems. In the bag was a pair of scissors. He began snipping off the buds.

The sound of the scissors filled the room. Jerry was so focused on what he was doing, that he didn't notice a dark figure coming up quietly behind him. Jerry put the scissors back into the bag. He placed the bag on the floor and began tossing the flower buds on the bed haphazardly.

"What do you think you're doing?" The whispered voice was right over his shoulder. Jerry jumped and his eyes looked into the vanity mirror across the room. He saw a tall masked man standing behind him.

"Who the hell-" Gonzales didn't get to finish his sentence before the man knocked him out.