Two

The rest of my weekend consisted of finishing the house and more catching up with Charlie while slightly getting to know Isabella, who prefers to go by Bella. It was 5 a.m. when I had woken up from the constant nightmares this morning. It was always the same, every single God damn war, Lo had told me he had similar nightmares when he still had his memories. He wants to remember who he was, but I think he knows that those past memories will cause him too much pain. I had sent him a text the other day to let him know that I had made it safe. Victor is somewhere out there still, he still wants to kill Lo and me, the normal family drama. Looking down at my hands I saw that my claws had come out again, trying to calm myself down the slowly turned back into normal fingernails. 

Knowing that I wasn't going to go back to sleep I decided to get ready for my first day of High School. I was nervous, Lo, Vic and I were always on the move due to the wars, and due to the fact that the two of them have worse tempers than I do. While staying in New York, Storm and the others helped me out a bit. But this would be my first time in a normal high school without any of them.  Taking a thirty-minute shower I then got ready putting on black skinny jeans and an over-sized sweater before putting on some boots. Grabbing just a granola bar and an apple I headed out the door to my truck. Tossing my bag onto the passenger seat just as Bella walked out the door. We waved at each other before I pulled out the driveway and started my way to the school. It was maybe a fifteen-minute drive to the school. 

"Good god the place hasn't changed." I said to myself as I pulled into the parking lot. I had only been here once or twice, both times were when Charlie had gotten sick. 

Grabbing my map and schedual, I started to memorize it as Bella walked alongside me listening to whatever music she was playing, I could hear a bit of classical from what I could tell. Suddenly there were footsteps coming from behind us. 

"You're Isabella Swan, and Amelia Creed, the new girls. Hi. I'm Eric. The eyes and ears of this place. Anything you need. Tour guide lunch date, shoulder to cry on." The kid said, Bella and I looked at each other before looking back at him, is he for real?

 "Just Bella," She had said "and I'm kind of the 'suffer in silence' type." 

"Good headline for your feature. I'm on the paper, and you're news, baby, front page." I snorted a laugh before saying 

"Don't even think about it." 

"Woah, chillax. No feature." Eric said backing off slightly. 

"I'll see you in lunch Bella." I said heading off to my English class, glad to be getting away from the Eric kid. It seemed like he liked to talk a lot. Reminded me a bit of Wade Wilson. It seems like Wade would have been better off in a different universe. 

English, Gym, History, Art. Now lunch. 

"Bella!" I slightly shouted seeing her at the lunch line. She turned around and waved over at me. "I grabbed you some fries." She said as a Mike, he is in my English class and Jessica, in History with me, led the two of us over to a table with Eric waiting there. 

"Mike, you met my home girl Bella." Eric said knowing that I would snap at him. 

"Y-your home girl?" Mike said slightly flustered. 

"My girl." Another guy said quickly kissing Bellas cheek before pulling Mikes chair out from underneath him. Teenagers. I had zoned out for a sec before a bright flash brought me back "Sorry" said a girl with purple glasses said. 

"It's fine." She seemed like a nice girl. 

"Who are they?" Bella suddenly asks Jessica and Angela. 

"The Cullens." Angela said before Jessica jumped in 

"Doctor and Mrs. Cullen's foster kids. They all moved down here from Alaska two years ago." "They kinda keep to themselves."

 "Because they're all together. Like, together together. The blonde girl, Rosalie, and the big dark-haired guy, Emmett.." Rosalie looked like a model and Emmett looked like he lifted weights for a living he was so muscular. "... they're a thing. I'm not even sure that's legal." Finished Jessica, I simply rolled my eyes at her tone. 

"They're not even related," Angela said defending them. 

 "But they live together. And the little dark haired girl,  Alice,  she's really weird, she's with Jasper, the blonde who looks like he's in pain. I mean, Dr. Cullen's like this foster dad slash matchmaker." 

"Maybe he'll adopt me." Angela said that made both Bella and I laugh. 

 That's when two more entered the room, they looked like they could be related, one had bronze colored hair while the other had darker brown hair. 

"And who are those two?" I asked taking a bit of a baby carrot that I had.

"That's Edward and Kyle Cullen they're cousins I think.  Both are totally gorgeous, obviously. But apparently, no one here is good enough for the two of them. Like I care. Anyway, don't waste your time." Jessica said as the boys looked over like they could hear her. Kyle had given Bella a confused look while Edward gave me a shocked one. 

"Awe, did some get rejected by both Ed and Kyle?" I said in a baby voice to Jessica. It had the table laughing as Bella said

 "Wasn't planning on it." But looked over her shoulder at Kyle all during lunch. 

"I don't date." I said, I haven't been with anyone since I was 18, and that was a long time ago. Flashes of a blonde haired grey-eyed boy from Toronto came to mind, and quick as they came they left.

"See you in Bio." I said to Bella as the bell rang picking up my bag and started walking to Math. Walking out of that class I met Bella at her locker along with Mike so that he could walk us to Bio. "Ah, Ms. Swan and Ms. Creed?" Mr. Manolia said to us as we handed him our slips to sign and he handed us back that long with textbooks. "You two follow along best as you can until you get caught up." The two of us nodded. "Okay, um Ms. Swan, you sit next to Kyle Cullen, and Ms. Creed, you sit next to Edward Cullen. Bella had gone to the back of the room when I noticed that Kyle looked pissed and that he had smelled something bad, the only thing I could smell that was bad was the teacher in the room across the hall. Yay mutant powers. When I sat next to Ed he gave me a confused look again. 

"What?" I mumbled noticing his black eyes, weird color, but then again I've seen weirder (cough Toad cough). Mr. Manolia started talking about flatworms, calling them zombies and saying they won't die. 'I know who else won't die.' I thought, thinking of Victor. 'Breath Mia Breath' I could feel the claws slowly come out as I thought about my twin brother. 

"Would you stop staring Cullen, it's a bit annoying." I said while taking down notes once I knew that my claws weren't coming out anytime soon. As class went on could feel Ed stare at me from time to time. But once the bell went of Kyle was out of the seat and already out the door, his cousin right on his heels.

 "Well, did you do something to him?" I asked Bella once we got out of the classroom. She shook her head no. 

"Weird." 

"You can say that again Amelia."