Twenty-Five

I was laying on the couch trying to read one of the most recent books I had bought, The Silmarillion. It was about the history of Middle Earth, I had only gotten a few chapters in when my phone started ringing. Reaching for it on the coffee table I didn't take my eyes of the page I was reading.

"Hello?" The phone was wedged between my head and shoulder quickly sitting up feeling my eyes eyes going wide as the paperback fell from my hands to the floor. "Emily, I'm on my way. I'll be there in half an hour." Grabbing my jacket I put the phone into one of the zip-up pockets before putting the jacket on and grabbing my keys and helmet off of the table near the front door. The bike roared to life as I zipped out of the garage heading to Emily's cottage, speeding the whole way to the Rez.

"Emily?" I ask as I walk into the small cottage, looking around I see her sitting on the couch in Sam's arms. Walking over to the two I set my helmet on the coffee table before kneeling in front of the raven haired beauty. I take one of her hands into mine, looking at Sam as he nods.

"I'll be back soon, I have to go meet with Billy and Quil." Sam gently places his lips to her temple before standing up.

"Do you want some tea?" I ask and Emily gently nods her head. Getting back up I walk over to the kitchen putting water into the kettle before placing it on the stove top. 

"What happened?" I ask quietly as Sam walks past.

"Bloodsucker." Was all that he said, "Will you stay with her? Maybe take her to Sues in a few hours."

"Of course." With that Sam leaves for the meeting with the two tribe elders. It would still be a few minutes before the water would be ready for the tea so I grab a mug out of one of the cabinets along with the chamomile tea. Once the kettle starts whistling I move it off of the heat before poring some of the hot water over the tea herbs that sit in a strainer. Letting the tea steep for a minute or two before taking the strainer out and laying it on a piece of paper towel. With the mug in hand I walk back over to Emily. She takes the mug as I put a light blanket around her shoulders. The two of us just sat there on the couch, there wasn't much I could say, so just being there for my friend was the most I could do. We stat there for an hour or two before we started to head out and go over to the Clearwater house. It was only a few minute drive to the one story house in Emily's truck. Putting the truck in park the two of us get out of said vehicle as Seth runs out the door and over to his cousin, the two of them hug tightly. 

"Seth you feel really warm." Leah says as she looks at her cousin. Before the fifteen year old can say anything there is a loud roar from inside the house.

"Emily, get back in the truck and call Sam." Emily nods her head while grabbing her phone out from her pocket.

"What's going on?" Seth speaks up

"Stay here." I tell him as I head towards the door, looking inside there is a grey wolf and a destroyed couch. "Holy shit." My eyes going wide as I realize that Leah had just shifted. 

"'Mia, he's on his way." Emily says and I nod. But before Sam and a few of the others could even get here Seth saw his sister in her wolf form and started freaking out, which in the end caused him to shift as well. 

"Oh you have got to be kidding me." I mumble looking at the sand colored wolf. He freaked out a few minutes looking at his large paws before trying to go in circles. Soon enough the others finally arrived. Sam was about to go inside but I stopped him. "Maybe I should do it."

"Amelia."

"Sam, trust me okay." He nodded and I went inside to go and try calm Leah down.

"Leah?" I ask gently as I stood under the archway that was between the living room and kitchen. The grey wolf turned her head and growled the hair on her neck standing straight up. "Leah trust me, I know it hurts a lot. But I need you to try and calm down okay." Slowly walking over to her, she was about eye level with me, but I noticed that she was smaller than the others. "Deep breaths okay, I'm going to try and help you change back." Leah sat down and nodded before breathing slowly. Seeing the shreds of clothes I grab a blanket off a chair to have it ready for when she changed back. It took Leah a while but when she was finally back in her human form I wrapped the large quilt around her noticing the tears running own her cheeks. 

"It'll be okay, I got you." I pulled her in close as she shakes but it was not from anger. "Sue, she's okay for now." I say loud enough for her to hear me. As I let go of Leah, Sue brings her daughter in close.

"Thank you." She says in a hoarse voice and nodding I make my way back outside with another blanket for Seth. The teen had an easier time changing back than his sister, even though the boy was extremely sad he seemed excited about being able to shift into a wolf. The sun was starting to set as Sam, Emily and I made our way to their home.

"Charlie is over at Billys, he's going to be heading over to the Clearwaters soon. I might as well head back there." Grabbing my helmet off of the coffee table. I say my goodbyes to the two and head back over to Sue's on my bike. I haven't seen my best friend since he and Harry had left this morning, it's going to be a long few days but I was going to make sure that I was there for Charlie and the Clearwaters. Especially since the tribe has it's first ever female shifter, it would probably be easier for Leah if I helped her instead of Sam for the time being. But hopefully, the three of them would be able to talk about what happened, even though that wouldn't be for possibly a long while.