Twenty-One

"You okay kid?" I asked Charlie, it's the day after and the poor kid looks like he didn't sleep at all

"You okay kid?" I asked Charlie, it's the day after and the poor kid looks like he didn't sleep at all. I poured him another cup of coffee, then sat down at the kitchen table. 

"Bella woke up screaming, scared the hell out of me 'Mia." Charlie sighed

"Could it be because she got lost in the woods yesterday?" I said, trying to help him the best that I could, I'm not really the best when it comes to this.

"I don't know, maybe..." He was frustrated at this point, looking at the clock on the wall I saw that Charlies shift was about to start in eighteen minutes.

"Should probably get to work Kid."

"I took the day off after what happened." I nodded as it sort of made sense. "Are you going anywhere today?"

"Going to the Rez for a few hours maybe. I haven't been there in a while." I told him, not giving the full story. Charlie would loose his head if he knew that there were more than just humans and mutants. I stayed for another thirty minutes before leaving, when I jumped into my truck and tried to turn the key it wouldn't turn on at first. "No, come on!" I shouted hitting the steering wheel. Getting back out of my truck I opened the hood and saw my battery was gone. "That fucker touched my baby." I grumbled before slamming the hood down and then proceeded to open the garage door. Sitting there covered under a sheet was my bike that I had been fixing the past few weeks. If Eddie touched it, I don't care how much I love him, I will kill him. Taking the sheet off and inspecting the black mate beauty, everything looked in place, grabbing the keys off of the hook above the tool box I turned the bike on and it roared with life. 

Smirking I grabbed my helmet and then took off heading towards the Rez

Smirking I grabbed my helmet and then took off heading towards the Rez. After a good twenty or so minutes on the road I reached Billy's home. When I knocked on the door Billy answered. 

"Heard you from down the road." Billy said as he let me inside.

"Yeah, she's a bit of a loud bike, but anyways that's not why I'm here." I rambled 

"The why are you hear Amelia?" He asked raising an eyebrow, I let out a deep breath before talking.

"How did Sam find Bella? He had no flashlight, the moon was barely even out. Not to mention it was forty something out and the guy was only wearing shorts."

"I don't know what your talking about." It was a lie.

"Billy, I know when a lie when I see one, I knew when ever Charlie lied, who do you think taught him how to pick up when someone was lying." Billy looked at my eyes, he was confused about something, that's when I realized he knew about them. "No, I'm not like the Cullens, though I am older than a few of them." That's when it clicked.

"A mutant?" I let out a nod as I sat down on the couch. "How long?"

"I was born a mutant, like all mutants. But I turned 176 I think, I remember the month. But the day and year, you kinda loose track after you've been through the things that, I've been through."

"It is a bit of a long story."

"And I've got nothing but time."

"Very well, I will give you some detail, the rest will have to be saved for another time and place." With that Billy began to tell me the Wolves and the treaty and how Sam, Paul and Jared were the only three wolves at the moment. After an hour or two of us going back and forth telling our stories Jacob walked in, cutting our conversation short. He didn't know about the wolves, but Billy and Sam had a suspicion that he would be one soon, they just didn't know when. I told Billy I would keep an eye on him if he was ever in the Fork area. I stayed for a few more minutes and talked with Jake, we talked about the car he was fixing and that if he ever needed help to send me a text, after that I got back on my bike and headed home. Billy would call Sam later on and set up a meeting for the three of us.