Five

"Your idiot of a cousin really said that?" I asked Ed after he told me what had happened at the greenhouse between Kyle and Bella. 

"Yup." He replied as he walked next to me, I simply rolled my eyes. Readjusting my bag we had finally gotten to my truck, that is when I saw the claw marks on the driver seat. 

"Shit." I mumbled, there was only one person I know who was able to do something like that. 'Playing games like that now are we Vic?'

 "Everything alright?" Ed had asked me, his right brow raised giving me a confused look. 

"Peachy" I said while trying to look around for my brother. Me catching his scent yesterday wasn't just me going crazy then. 

"Mia, what's going on?"

 "I don't know yet." I sighed once I sat down on the driver's seat. "Hey, since you can't come to the beach tomorrow, do you wanna hang out somewhere else?" I asked 

"You don't wanna go? I thought they were your friends." I snorted out a laugh 

"Angela is the only one in that group that I would consider a friend. I can go to the Rez whenever if I want to. Let me see your phone." 

"Um, okay." Ed was a tad bit confused but handed me his phone anyways. Typing in my number then sending my phone a quick text so that I knew it was him. 

"Shoot me a text if you wanna do something, alright?" 

"Alright, I'll talk to you soon Mia." 

"Bye Ed." With that Ed closed my door for me and I sent him a small smile before starting up my truck. I guess Ed and I could be friends. 

Once at home I got through the homework that was given for the weekend before making dinner. I had sent Angela a text saying that I wasn't going to meet them tomorrow. She has her suspicions that it might be because of Ed, but she also knew that I didn't really get along too well with Jessica and Lauren. But she said she'd see me on Monday. Actually being able to make dinner for once I went over to the small living room to eat the pasta and meatballs I made to watch a couple tv shows, I always change the channel as soon as the commercials come on. I mean, come on, soon as the show gets to a good part, bam! commercial. So annoying. Even though the night was quiet, I was on high alert due to the signs left from Victor.

Come Monday morning, sunlight was filtering in through the curtains. Groaning I put a pillow over my eyes before my phone dinged a few times to let me know I had gotten a text. Who the hell is sending me a text at 6:30 in the morning?  

Won't be coming in today, my family is going hiking. ~Ed  Well there goes my source of entertainment for the day, I sighed as I send him a text back. 

Watch out for mountain lions, I hear they can be mean. ~Mia That should get a laugh out of him. Waiting ten more minutes until I finally get my ass out of bed I walk downstairs to make some breakfast, eggs and sausage sounds good today.  

The day goes by slowly but I get a text every now and then from Ed, apparently he along with Kyle decided not to go hiking but still stayed at home. I got a text during second period that said 

'Help Me' Ed told me that Kyle was nonstop complaining about Bella. When it came to lunch time I sat away from the group under a tree and I could see that Bella was looking for Kyle. She never seems to stop, does she? 

'She's at it again. Honestly, give it another week and the two will be together'  

'I give it two days' Is the reply I get back from Ed. 

'Is that a bet Cullen??' 

'And if it is Creed?' 

'You answer some of my questions if I win. No lying.' 

'Alright, and if I win. We go on a date this weekend.' 

'You got yourself a deal Cullen, now wish me luck because lunch just ended.' That was the last I talked to Ed for the rest of the day and my last three classes seemed to drag on. Two days? Bella and I have barely been here a month. Well, shit does seem to happen in short amounts of time from time to time. Maybe that's because I've been alive for so long, it's something I'll never understand. 

Once I finally get home I notice Charlie isn't home. Weird, even though it's Monday the kid is normally home by six. I have this gut feeling that something bad has happened, but I don't know what yet. What Charlie has told me about these animal killings, they seem to calculated to be an animal. I've seen some of the photos, it's to clean to be Vic. But I know he is still around, he is just waiting for the right moment to come out. I shouldn't be getting close to Ed, but something is pulling me in with this friendship that we have and I have no clue where it is going to lead. But I don't want a repeat of what happened so many years ago, something that still won't leave me to this day.