Twenty-Two

December

January 

"Charlie are you sure about this?" I had asked as we walked into the diner. It was Sunday so that meant brunch, it's been a tradition of ours. 

"Yeah, I think it's the best. Bella isn't getting any better, it's probably best for her to go and stay with Renee and Phil." I could tell he didn't like it, but he was doing what he thought was best for his daughter.

"You know she is going to freak out and come up with a plan on the fly right." Charlie nodded his head, but would she follow through on the plan is the question. Cora came up to where we were sitting after a few minutes putting down two cups of coffee along with a water. We talked for a few minutes before giving her our order. Charlie got sunny side eggs with bacon and toast while I got an omelette and hash browns. Brunch is the main time where we switch up what we eat. 

"Have you ever hung out with Bella outside of school?" Charlie asked out of the blue. I shook my head.

"No, she always spent time with that asshat. Besides I'd rather watch baseball with you and Billy." I said after taking a sip of water. "I split my time up between friends and my boyfriend."

"Right, you still talking with Ed?" I nodded, Charlie kind of liked Eddie, he knew we somehow balanced each other out. That's when my phone started buzzing and Mission Impossible started playing. "Speaking of the devil." I let out a laugh

"No, it's Emily Young. Her and I are friends."

"Sam Uley's girl?"

"Yeah, she's really sweet and one of the best cooks ever. Harry's fish fry still tops everything though." Charlie nodded agreeing about the fish fry, no one in all of Washington could beat Harry when it comes to that. It had only taken a couple of minutes for us to finish brunch, but we had stayed for another half an hour just talking and Cora would join us every now and then. After we had payed Charlie had to leave for his shift and I was heading over to the Rez to go and spend some time with Emily. We kind of had a little deal Emily and I, I help her with making food for the boys, she helps me become a better cook. The boys don't like that I'm dating a Cullen, but they're really understanding about it. 

It was the normal mix of rain and snow as I was driving towards the Rez, I hate driving in this crap, why can't it be one or the other? It takes me almost an hour to get to Emily and Sam's little cottage, every time it reminds me of the one I almost had back in Canada. As I get out of the truck Emily comes out of the front door a hand towel on her right shoulder.

"Took you longer than normal to get here." She said with a smile.

"Yeah, well the weather is kinda crap Em." I say as I get onto the porch and hug her. "So what are we making today?"

"Goulash and some double chocolate brownies."

"Lead the way Chef."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's a very short chapter, but I wanted to get something out for you guys.