Eighteen

I let out a groan, as I slowly moved myself into a sitting position. I could smell smoke as I felt pieces of glass fall off of me. Having to blink a few times before my eyesight went from blurry to normal, looking around I saw that there was a fire in the studio and over to the left Carlisle and Kyle were next to Bella. Jasper, Alice and Emmett were next to the fire, that is when I noticed Eddie and Esme where next to me.

"So, what did I miss?" I asked and Eddie let out a dry laugh

"Don't you dare do that to me again." He said as he held my face gently in his hands

"No promises Eddie Boy." I said, he knew I wouldn't be able to keep a promise like that.

"How are you still alive, your skull must have been completely fractured." Emmett asked as he walked over to us.

"I'll explain when we get back to Forks. From what I can tell, Bella needs to go to the hospital and I need to come up with something to tell Charlie." I could tell him his daughter fell down some stairs, he would buy it. He knows how clumsy she could be. Eddie helped me to my feet and got the pieces of mirror off of my hair. Looking at what was left of the mirror I saw that my jacket was ruined. "Son of a bitch." I muttered and took it off, it was shredded and I wouldn't be able to fix it.

"I'll get you a new one." Eddie told me and I shook my head.

"No, it's fine, I have another jacket back home. My phone on the other hand is trashed." Picking up my phone off of the floor, the screen was shattered. Eddie handed me his, and once we got out of the building and Carlisle and Kyle took off to the Hospital while I called Charlie.

"Hello?" 

"Hey kid."

"Amelia! Where are you? Is Bella okay?"

"Char, you're gonna need to get to Phoenix. Bella got hurt."

"What how? I'll leave as soon as possible."

"Dr. Cullen and Kyle came to get Bella and I. I was still at the store when Doc called me. Bella fell down the stairs of the hotel we were staying at. I'll let him tell you more about it when you get here. Also don't forget to call Renee." There was no reason for me to go to the hospital, and Renee wouldn't take it to well seeing me. She doesn't know that I'm a mutant that doesn't age and doesn't ever need to. 

"I think I'm ready to go home." I told Eddie. While Carlisle and Kyle stay here in Phoenix the rest of us were going to go back to Forks. On the way to the airport I was texting Storm, asking how everything was going. Everything was going okay so far, she hired two more teachers, one for mechanics and one for biology. I plan on going back to New York for a few weeks during the summer, as I look at Eddie I think about asking if he wants to come with me for a few days. Meet the people who have become my family. 

It's another short chapter, but after this we start New Moon.