Chapter 7

"You really didn't need to walk me to my suite. I could've found my way up here myself."

I unlock the door and Luca opens it for me. I push the door open wider and step into the suite.

"I know you could have," he starts defending, "but I wanted to spend a little bit more time with you before I disappear for the rest of the day."

I roll my eyes and dump my bag down on the side table.

"Plus, I wanted to check something." He walks past me and into the living room.

"Like what?" I follow him with curiosity lacing my words. "There's no magazines in here that shouldn't be, nor is there another guy in here."

"There damn well better not be another guy in here," Luca snaps. He walks to me and presses a chaste kiss to my lips. "If there was, I wouldn't be giving you up without a fight." He moves from me and looks up the stairs before turning on the spot. "I won't see you until tomorrow."

"And I already know that and I'll be fine," I assure.

"I know you will," he starts, "but-"

"Madden, move your ass out the bloody way!"

My head falls to the side in confusion at the abrupt female voice coming from the staircase.

Luca walks to me with a grin on his face. He leans in close to me to whisper in my ear, "I flew Allison over to keep you company."

He kisses the side of my head as Allison comes running down the stairs, missing out the last three and jumping to the floor and rushing to me.

"Baby girl!" She screams while engulfing me in her arms in a tight hug that leaves me breathless.

"What? How? I thought . . . What are you doing here?" I let Allison go and we hold onto each other with our hands on each other's forearms. "You're supposed to be on holiday."

"I was but Luca sent his jet to pick me up," she answers on a grin.

"What about Greg? Where's he?"

Not that I really care.

"He is currently on a plane on his way to meet up with his friends in Ireland for a boys weekend."

"I bet he wasn't happy about that."

Allison prepares to respond but stops when the sound of Luca's phone ringing fills the silent suite. We look at him as he takes his phone out his jeans pocket and looks at it.

"Excuse me," Luca says before answering the call.

Allison raises her brows as she turns back to look at me.

I raise a single finger at her. "Don't."

"Wasn't going to say a thing," she defends. She walks past me and flops down onto the luxurious black velvet couch. "Not with him here, anyway."

I shake my head and follow her lead, sitting down next to her but more elegantly. "Seriously, Allison. Don't start."

She mocks me by mimicking what I just said and I throw a couch ion at her. She catches it and throws it back at me. We laugh loudly before quieting down as Luca walks over to us while still on the phone.

"I'll be there soon, darling . . . I know but your grandfather is there to help with that the now . . . I know, sweetie, but you know I'm a busy man . . . I promise you that I am on my way . . . Okay. I'll get them and we'll spend the rest of the day together . . . Okay, darling. I'll see you soon . . . Love you, too."