Chapter 10

I'm in a peaceful sleep when I'm abruptly awoken by someone jumping on my bed. I groan and squint my eyes as I open them to look up at the only person I know who would wake me up this way on a day like today.

Allison.

"Wake up sleepy head!" She shouts, still jumping on the bed.

I can feel the duvet move from my body with every jump as the bed becomes messier and messier as she jumps from one spot to another. "Can you please stop jumping on the bed?"

"Why?" She asks breathlessly. "It's your birthday!"

"I know," I agree, trying to pull the duvet back over my body, "but please stop."

She stops with one final jump that has her landing on all fours next to me. I sit up and she smiles at me. "Happy birthday, baby girl."

"Thank you."

"Now get up," she orders. "I've ordered room service and it's all been set up in the dining room." She hops off the bed and dashes out the room. "Hurry up!"

I laugh and get out the bed. I tighten the loose bobble I used last night to tie my hair back in a messy ponytail and walk casually out my room and down the stairs. I bypass the living room and head straight for the dining room which is off to the left when you first enter the suite.

I can faintly hear the sound of Lady Gaga's Perfect Illusion playing in the dining room as I approach which is soon followed by Allison joining in trying to sing along. I stretch my arms over my head while walking into the room and stop dead in my tracks at the sight before me.

The long black glass top table has an array of food placed evenly around the floral centrepiece of soft pink and white roses. The same floral arrangements in different sizes are placed at various points around the room, almost covering all four dark grey walls and blue abstract paintings.

"Here," Allison announces from the chair she's sitting at with her back to me. She holds a folded white card to me. "This is for you."

I look at the card and take it from her.

"It explains everything," she adds before taking a bite of what looks like scrambled egg on toast.

I open the card and read the elegant black writing.

Happy Birthday Kaylee

You said you didn't know what you wanted, so I improvised.

I said I'd do something big for today but you told me off

which I did listen to, but this was planned well before you

said that.

Jones will pick both you and Allison up later today to go

shopping before the two of you go to dinner which has all been

organised. You just have to trust Jones that he will take you to

where you've to be.

Anything you wish to buy today, it's on me.

Luca

X

"Do you think if I went to a bank with this card, they'd be able to tell me how much he's worth?"

I look away from the card and to Allison who is flipping a bank card back and forth with a bank card. I walk to her and pull the card from her grasp. I look at it closely and gasp when I see the name on the card.