Chapter 28

After Jade drops me off at the office, I work nonstop until it's time to go home. After finally hearing back from Jackie, it felt there was a major weight been lifted off my shoulders when it comes to her event we're all helping to plan. All that will be left to do for her event from my behalf is her response on whether or not her client is happy with the choices I've laid out in terms of gifts so we can go forward and order everything.

But that's tomorrow's issue to worry about.

I'm just about to take a microwaveable meal out the freezer for my dinner when someone knocking on the front door stops me in my tracks. I abandon trying to take something out the freezer and walk to answer the door.

"I come baring food," Luca says when the door is open wide enough for me to see him.

He's leaning against the door frame with his right shoulder and holds the bag of takeaway food up with his left hand for me to see.

"So I can see," I comment. I open the door wider and Luca steps over the threshold, closing the door behind him. "You must have known that I was only going to have a microwave meal for my dinner."

He hands the food to me and shrugs out of his leather jacket, hanging it up with the other coats and jackets near the front doors. "It's either that or some Chinese food."

We walk into the kitchen and I place the food on the worktop. I place two plates and the cutlery near the food while Luca busies himself with pouring some Diet Coke into a glass for himself.

"What'd you get?" I ask, pulling everything out the plastic bag.

"Our usual," he replies. He moves to take a seat on one of the bar stools and makes himself comfy. "Set meal for two."

I open the containers and smile brightly. "Spring rolls, spare ribs, sweet & sour chicken with fried rice. How'd you remember-"

"That this was our usual Friday night takeaway dinner?" Luca finishes. He reaches out and starts dividing the food up between the two plates. "We had this each Friday night since we started dating back then. How can I not forget that?"

I say nothing.

He never ceases to amaze me when it comes to the things we used to do as a couple. He remembers the smallest of things from our relationship which he's carrying forward into our reconciled relationship. Things that may not seem important to some people but to us, it means a lot.

It shows how much both of us weren't far from each other's mind over the past nine years. No matter the distance that's been between us and the time that's gone by, just knowing that we've both remembered key aspects of each others lives is something no one can take away from us.

Luca finishes putting the food out and settles back on the bar stool, picking up his fork to begin eating. He looks up at me and flashes me a small smile. I lean across the worktop and give him a chaste kiss.

"I love you," I whisper before pulling back.

"I love you, too." He replies before starting to eat.

I move the empty containers away to the side and pick up my fork.

"A little birdy told me that you've been getting friendly with Jade," Luca mentions.

I look at him with a grin. "Not getting jealous, are you?"

"Not in the slightest," he shakes off. "It was Fredrick that actually told me as she borrowed his car today."

"Sounds like someone is jealous." I take a sip of water but keep the glass in my hand. "I thought you'd be happy that we were getting along."