Chapter 26

"I thought you'd still be here."

I open my eyes and look over at Eric who is standing by my office door. I flash him a small smile and look back at my computer screen. "Yeah, got a lot still to do."

Since coming back to my office after my meeting with Jackie, I've done nothing but work. Luca, Fredrick and Jade left my office without a single word being said after I told them I had something important to do. I rescheduled the rest of Jade's meeting until tomorrow which she was fine about because, as it turns out, she had to leave anyway. Luca told me he'd pick me up when I finished work and Fredrick just left without saying he was sorry. I didn't expect anything else from him after what he said but I know both Jade and Luca will have it out with him when they're in private.

"Late night?" He queries, stepping into my office with both of his hands holding the strap of his bag that's on one shoulder. I raise my brows as a silent way of acknowledging his question. "Thought as much as I hadn't yet signed you out for the day."

"You don't need to wait for me to finish. I can sign myself out."

"We both know I can't let you do that." He takes a seat opposite me. "Anyway, Oscar is still working away in his office so I have him to sign out, too. Plus, I need to lock up."

"What time is it?" I look down at my watch on my wrist and grunt loudly. "Half six. Bloody brilliant."

I sit up straight in my chair.

"Been working hard?"

"Don't I always?"

"After what I've witnessed from everyone in here today, I would class this as working over-overtime."

I start tidying everything away so I can pick where I left off tomorrow. I shut my computer down and start getting ready to go.

"It's probably a good time to tell you that Luca has been waiting outside for you, then." Eric notifies with a grin. "He's been waiting there since five o'clock."

I walk around my desk and out the office with Eric following close behind. "Can't say I'm surprised."

"It must be great to have a man like Luca." I look at him with a raised brow. "Rich and very good looking."

"Trust me when I tell you that he wasn't always like that."

"Which part?"

"Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few weeks, it's both." Oscar's voice answers.

I glance back at both men before rolling my eyes and walking down the stairs to the ground floor.

"Clearly, that's what money can buy you." Oscars adds, bypassing me with a leather folder in one hand and his matching satchel bag on the opposite shoulder. "While I remember to ask, what are you doing for this wedding thing Jackie has us all working on?"

"Wedding favours for all three days," I reply. "What are you doing?"

"Rental equipment," he informs. "The biggest vain of my life."

"Thought you liked that part of the job? Picking the furnishings and deciding on where they'll go."

"I do," he defends a tad too quickly. "However, not when I have an impossible deadline. The company that agreed to supply everything have emailed me again saying they're short on some things."

I raise a brow at him. "Can't you just get what you need from them and get the rest from someone else?"

"I could but none of the other companies I contacted can do the supplies on this short notice." He grunts loudly, his shoulders rising and falling before he shakes his head. "I can't seem to catch a break right now. I think I need another holiday."