약속해

Daniel's POV

"Are you saying that I only have 3 more months to live?"

"Unfortunately, yes. But if you are still alive after 3 months, I suggest that you fly to America to get a surgery."

"How high is the percentage for me to stay alive?"

"About 20%."

"That's enough, then what about the surgery? Will it work?"

"If you take the surgery, there is only 5% chance that you will become healthy and alive. 10% that you will stay in coma."

I took in a big breath and sighed. How am I going to tell Seongwoo about this? I already found out about my sickness since last year but I haven't had the courage to tell anybody.

"Does anyone know about your condition? Your girlfriend perhaps?" The doctor asked.

"Boyfriend to be exact, but.......no"

"Then I advice you to tell him. It's better if someone knows about it so they can help out."

"I'll keep that in mind doc." I said as I left the hospital.

Should I tell him? But I don't want him to be worried.

I slid the key into the door. Before opening it, I could hear Seongwoo laughing, probably watching some comedy. It feels great, to come home with the sight of him. I hope to see and hear this everyday. I don't want to leave him. I want to be by his side forever, but I guess forever isn't a word I can use.

'(*a sound when you turn your key. Idk how to write it out 😂)' I heard as I turned the key. It's one of the best sounds ever, other than Seongwoo's voice. It makes me feel welcome that I'm home.

"I'm home babe." I walked towards the couch where Seongwoo was and sat right beside him.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and snuggled into my arms. His warm body against mine feels so comforting.

"What are you watching?"

"This super funny show. You should try staying at home for the entire day just watching tv."

"I think I can now." I quit my job so I can spend my last 3 months with Seongwoo.

"What do you mean?" He asked looking confused.

"Babe listen, whatever I'm going to say now might be shocking but promise me that you won't leave me." I never sounded serious before, he must've been surprised as well as he sat straight up and completely faced me.

"What's wrong?" He sounded worried already. This is why I didn't tell him at first, I really hate it when he's worried.

"I have gotten cancer since last year. At stage 4. I know I should've told you when I found out but I just couldn't do it..." I swallowed my saliva trying to continue.

"I have 3 months left to live and if I still stay alive until then, I will go to America for surgery. I'm really sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I should've told you-" I kept blabbering because I was too nervous but I was cut off by Seongwoo as he kissed me.

His lips were sweet and soft, I will miss him so much.

"It's okay Niel, then we shall spend the next 3 months together. Promise?" He said as he put out his pinky.

"I promise."

He was always so understanding, he knows that I am also in pain so instead of arguing with me he comforted me. I love him so much.

Everyday we would go through the same thing. We wake up and just look at each other's face for about an hour then we would just cuddle on the couch watching our favourite shows.

"Shouldn't we go out for once? It's been so long since we had a date."

"I don't mind not having a date when you're already by my side hyung."

"Stop making me blush! But I'm serious, we should go out one day. How about tomorrow?"

"Sure! But, let me plan on where we should go." He nodded and I hugged him even tighter.

"You're gonna squeeze me to death, staph!" I giggled at his cuteness. He looked so cute when he is angry or annoyed. I just want to squish him so badly.

It was night time, Seongwoo was sleeping in our room and I was using my laptop in the living room. I was planning on what we should do tomorrow. All of a sudden, I felt this sharp pain in my heart. It was excruciating.

"Aaaaaaaarrrgggghhh!!" I shouted as I held on my chest.

"Daniel? DANIEL!!!" Seongwoo came rushing out of the room as he heard my scream.

"WHATS WRONG DANIEL?!" He hugged me as he kneeled on the ground.

"It....h-hurts...." I tried my best to speak.

He immediately rushed to where his phone is and I assumed that he was calling for help.

"Hello? Jisung hyung! I need you to come to my house right now! No questions!" He said as he hung up.

Few minutes of Seongwoo crying and me being in pain later, Jisung hyung came.

"OMG WHATS WRONG WITH DANIEL?!"

"Let's just bring him to the hospital" Jisung hyung nodded and the both of them helped to walk me to the car. It hurt like hell. It felt like my chest was ripping apart.

All of a sudden I blacked out, and that was the last time I saw Seongwoo.

Third person's POV

The doctor declared Daniel dead and Seongwoo was right beside his body, crying himself out, with Jisung at the side trying to comfort Seongwoo. He was crying as well.

Seongwoo held Daniel hand and kissed his palm.

"I love you Daniel."

Daniel's POV

'I love you Seongwoo hyung.' I want to say this to him so badly.

I'm sorry I broke our promise to be together in those 3 months. It seems like death approached me earlier than expected. Please move on and don't be so depressed. I longed to see your smiling face from heaven. Can you promise me that?

Third person's POV

It was as if Seongwoo could hear Daniel as he smiled, with tears wetting his cheeks.

"I promise."