주인공

Daniel's POV

"Give me one good reason why I should go?" I continued to whine while fixing my tie.

"We had this conversation for almost 20 times. You're the star of the night, of course you should be there."

"Ughh...."

"Are you ready?" I took a small glance at the cue card.

"Alright."

"You better not mess up your speech. Your father will kill the both of us."

This night, this party was what everyone was anticipating. I, as my father's son, as the company's heir, have to give a long ass speech to the people that were present.

"Nobody will listen to my speech. They will just sleep because of boredom."

"Wrong. They will listen to you very carefully, to catch mistakes you make, the wrong things you say. They are very cruel."

He does have a point.

I scanned the inner building. It looked super grand. I never liked being in places like these. People might think I'm used to it since my father was rich but I mostly spend time home alone forced to study business. I couldn't even do what I wanted - dancing.

My attention was diverted to something else.

A man.

He looked like a lost pup. Looking around the place, eyes filled with wonder. He was different compared to the other guests. It was as if he did not care about anything.

Everyone else was trying to be a suck up to their superiors, but he wasn't fake like them.

Who is he?

"By the way Niel your father thinks that you're dating someone and is extremely happy. If you don't want him to kick our butts, you gotta show him one tonight. So find a fake one."

"Does it have to be a girl-friend?" I asked still looking at the man.

"W-what?" I walked towards the man, without even looking at my friend.

"Can I have a minute with you?" He looked shock.

"Oh, so you do recognise me."

"You're that guy! The one that always ordered cake from my shop!"

Guess not.

We went to the balcony that was much quieter and peaceful.

"What is it? Why did you call me? Do you need to make reservations for more cakes?"

"Ah no. To be honest I didn't even know you were the owner of that shop before coming to you."

"I'm not the owner, just some part time worker."

"But why are you here? Do you like, buy cakes for this party?"

What's with him and the cake conversations?

"I'm......actually the party planner." He stared into my eyes. Surprised eh?

All of a sudden he burst out, laughing.

"HAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE KANG DANIEL? THE ONE AND ONLY DANIEL KANG? THE RICHEST HEIR OF THE WORLD BUYS CAKE FROM MY SHOP? WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO FOOL?" He continued to laugh.