나는......너무 행복해 (5)

Jihoon's POV

"Hey, I heard that Jinyoung's mother died when giving birth to him." One of my classmate came up to me after seeing Jinyoung left the classroom to leave the classroom.

"Yeah! He's father went crazy and left him." His best friend joined him.

I tried to ignore them, pretending like they didn't exist.

"You need to stay away from him, he gives bad luck." Who gave them the right to say that about my Jinyoung?

"Look, you better watch your mouth. I don't give a shit about any of that, so why not just go away and leave him and I alone?" I try to be as calm as possible. Not looking at them as I felt like if I did, I would punch the hell out of him.

"I'm just stating the fact. Trying to save you from that murderer." That's enough, no more holding in it.

I kicked my chair away as I stood up, my hands curled into fists and ready to kill him anytime now.

Just as I was about to swing my punch into his face, someone grabbed my shoulder to stop me. I turned around only to find Jinyoung staring back at me.

"H-hyung..."

"That's enough."

The two guys, knowing I was going to hit them, walked away quickly before I could do anything.

"Hyung, I'm sorry. I was too worked up after what they said about you-"

"It's fine. I'm used to it." 

I'm used to it

That sentence sounded so sad to me, it felt like he was enduring it all on his own. It made my heart ache just by the thought of that.

"Hyung, if there's any problem, just come to me. I will listen to your worries, chat with you, I can give you hugs when you don't feel like talking about it. Just don't suffer alone."

"Then.....I think it's the perfect time for a hug."

"You're lucky I'm called the cuddle monster." He chuckled and came into my embrace.

Even though he was taller, he seemed so small in my arms. He rested his head on my shoulder, face leaning on the crook of my neck.

"Are you really okay?" I asked as I shifted my gaze towards the others pointing at us and whispering.

"You don't have to put what they say into your heart, those are just useless gossips."

"You know..." He finally answered.

"Before meeting you, before the fangirls incidents, I couldn't even touch someone for less than 1 second. And look at me now, you must have some sort of power."

"Maybe because I'm your soulmate." He pulled away from me as I winked at him.

"Maybe you are." I could feel a blush creeping up my neck, reaching to my cheeks and the tip of my ears.

"Never expected me to joke back did you? This is why you should be careful." Ah, it was a joke afterall.

"But that doesn't change the fact that I still like you hyung." This time it was him that was blushing, God I love teasing him like that. He just looks so cute when he's flustered.

"Well I do too."

Shit.....what just happened?

"W-wha-"

"I'm saying I like you too." He looked at me, with sincere eyes. Was he actually telling the truth?

My crush that I have thought was impossible likes me back?!

"Are you actually that surprised?"

"I-I...I just c-can't believe it. Y-you just seemed so out of reach. And here I always thought about ways to make you like me with the least cheesiest way, looking it up on the internet, and even asking my friends about it! Seeing how you were so depressed these days just made my heart broke. I had given up on wanting you to like me back and just let me stay by you, comforting you when you are hurt. But I can't believe so many things happened! How am I supposed to sleep tonight?? How am I even going to stay alive anymore??" He stopped me from talking with his hands over my mouth.

"You're rambling."

"I'm sorry, I always do that when I'm nervous." My voice muffled, blocked by his hands.

"Besides, you must stay alive. How am I gonna deal with you dying just the day after I confessed to you? You better live healthily, for me at least."  I nodded, eyes never leaving him.

"Soooo......." I eyed him warily.

"If you're planning to ask, yes we are dating, unless you're rejecting me."

"Me? Reject you? Who am I to reject an angel like you?"

"You're getting cheesier day by day." He said as he pinched my cheek.

"And you like it."

"I can't argue with that." He grinned at me.

The fact that I was the one making him smile just excites me. Was he finally happy? Can I slowly turn all of his worries and his painful past into good memories?

Jinyoung's POV

I am

very happy.......

AN: SO SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR MORE THAN A WEEK. I just didn't have the mood to write and finally I'm back! I'm not really satisfied with this chapter but I don't have the time to change it anymore. And also, I'm almost reaching 6k reads so THANK YOU SO MUCH!!