Chapter Five

*buzzzzzzzz* *buzzzzzzz* *buzzzzz* "Bloody fuckin hell who could that be calling me at three in the morning on a Monday" Blake groaned while getting up to the sound of her phone vibrating vigorously on the table at the side of her bed. "R. Sanders?...who could that be?" She picked up the phone and said "hello" in a congested tone. "Blake...it's me Riley" Blake's heart jolted, "heya kiddo what's up....any particular reason as to why you're up at 3 in the morning!!" "Blake...." she said with a hint of fear in her voice "I need your help....please come outside" Blake's heart skipped a beat,it sounded like little ri was in trouble. So Blake jumped out of bed and threw on the nearest clothes she could find. She ran into the bathroom and quickly but carefully brushed her teeth,then grabbed her Swiss Army knife and tucked it into the back of her shorts. Blake then quickly ran outside to greet Riley covered in blood with a wave of fear across her face. "Blake I didn't know who else to call...I-iii" she stuttered. "Say no more..take me to the scene" riley then lead Blake to the back of her house and Blake came eye to eye with the body of an atleast 17 year old male,laying very still on the floor. Riley couldn't bare to look at him so Blake sent her off while she cleaned up the mess. After she was done Blake took Riley down to the lake so she could tell her what happened. But Riley was so shaken with fear she began to break down...so the only left for Blake to do was to hold her. Blake held the little girl while she buried her face into her shirt crying her eyes out. "I didn't mean for it to happen h-hhe tried to hurt me so I hit him with the s-ssshovel" she said sniffling. "Who was he?" Blake said stroking her hair. "He's the one of the reasons why my family moved here to California. "Okay I'm not gonna make you talk about it...so I'm just gonna tell you this,I have your back..and that's all that matters right now...we will get through this,but first let's get you cleaned up...then we will move from there" Riley nodded and Blake lifted the girl onto her and took her back to her place. She took a shower to wash the blood off of her body and Blake gave her some clean clothes and a mug with some hot chocolate to keep her warm. They both sat on the couch in silence until Riley crawled onto Blake's lap and fell asleep. Blake gulped and muttered under her breath "you remind me so much of Blair" then after an hour she too fell asleep.

..........

Blake opened her eyes to the violent sunlight that was coming through we window. She looked down and discovered that Riley was gone. She began to panic a bit until she realized Riley went upstairs into her bedroom and fell asleep on her bed. She watched the girl as she slept and contemplated how to wake her up. She lightly shook her and her eyes sprang open. "Good morning" she said pulling Blake down onto her hugging her. "For a little girl you sure have some strength". Riley giggled "shoot it's Monday I have to get ready for school.....it's my first dayyyyy" she said jumping out of bed and running downstairs then outside,leaving Blake with a puzzled look sitting on her bed. "Uhh see you there?" She said to herself while scratching her head. Blake chuckled and got ready for school. Blake was just like any average teenager ,despite the fact she could not die she still hates school just as much as the other kid. "I mean what's the point of a place where we have to be treated like prisoners with freedom?" She said to herself while putting on her jeans and grabbing the camouflage hoodie which she liked so much. Well at least you have Riley. Her inner self spoke to her. "Hmm true"

........
Blake grabbed her car keys and headed through the door. She opened the garage door and watched as it slowly opened to reveal her most prized possession. "Cherry Maserati"she grinned "how are you doing today my shiny baby" she spoke to the car. "I'm doing fine" a familiar voice said Blake turned around and saw Riley grinning at her. "Talking to your car? Hmmm?" She said giggling. "Shut up mortal" she said rolling her eyes. Both girls got in the car and drove to school. On their way they shared their interests in the love for science and fiction. "Ahhh we are here" Blake said pulling into the school. While passing a group of students heads began to turn and the whispering started. Blake wasn't very popular at school but she got titled The Badass Britt by a few students just by the way she carried herself and took shit from no one. Blake parked the car and both girls got out. All eyes were on them. "I feel awkward" Riley said tip toeing to whisper in Blake's ear" "don't sweat it kid they're just snotty teenagers" she laughed. "Where do you have to go? I'll walk you there" "I have to go get my schedule for my classes"
Blake walked Riley to the principals office and headed to home room. Blake sat in homeroom playing a video game on her phone. She felt someone sit next to her but ignored their presence. "Hey there stranger" she knew that voice anywhere "is this seat taken?" She looked up and saw Riley sitting next to her. The bigger smile spread across her face "boy am I happy to see you" Riley said while grinning at Blake "same here". Blake found out that she and Riley had all of their classes together because they both shared similar interests in subjects that they were doing. Throughout the day they both spent a lot of time with each other talking and laughing. And they definitely got noticed by a lot of people. Riley signed up for soccer and had try outs that day so after school Blake sat on the bleachers and waited for her to be done. "Sooo who's that hottie I've seen you hanging out with?" She heard a male voice behind her. "None of your business Jackson" she said looking back giving the boy a cold stare. Jackson fields was the school player and he was known for dating and dumping many girls around campus. Blake knew his silly little game and she didn't like it one bit especially when it came to Riley. "Aww come on Blakey don't be that way..." he said climbing onto the bleachers next to her "put in a good word for me so we can hook up" Blake began to be angered by him "Go away Jackson...go very far away and stay away from Riley" she said to him with clenched teeth. Her jaw tensed and he backed away. "You can't keep me away from her forever" he said winking and walking away. About an hour later Riley was finished and she made the team. Blake took her bags and held them for her as they walked to the car. "Sooo who was that cute guy I saw you talking to earlier?" "Uhhh he's no one" he's a fucking douchebag "just a jock who's really popular around here...he's bad news, don't worry about him. "Okay" Riley said while getting into the car.

.......

Blake dropped off Riley at home and her mom came outside to greet them. She stuck her hand out and formerly greeted Blake "hey you must be Blake our neighbor right?" "Hey uhh yeah" Blake said. "Ah that's great I'm Riley's mom nice to meet you" "Blake." They shook hands. "I was wondering since you've been so kind to my daughter would you like to join us for dinner ?" Dinner?? What
"Yeah sure" Blake said smiling but cringing on the inside. "I'll go get cleaned up first" "that's great" her mom smiled.
Blake headed home and rushed to shower.
Meanwhile...

Riley's mom was preparing dinner for the family and Blake.  "Ri?" She called out to her daughter "yes mommy" she said like a little girl "I like your friend" she said giving her a smile "she seems like a good kid" ...Riley giggled "she most certainly is"