Chapter 10 (Edited)

"Ryan this is a great idea but I don't think we'll have enough time to work on it, it's Monday and our project is due Friday and our paper is due in two days. I think we should play it safe with this one" Kaine and Ryan are having lunch together discussing their project.

"but I think we could do it if we really try, I'll take full responsibility for the paper and the rest we do together"

"you'd do that?"

"of course, anything for you" Kaine smiles and lightly kisses him on the lips "what was that for?" Ryan asks

"for being a great guy" Kaine answers and Ryan blushes. Kaine takes a quick glance at his watch "oh shoot..." he quickly gets up "I'm going to be late for philosophy"

"oh ok, I'll talk to you later then?"

"For sure" Kaine runs away leaving Ryan alone with his lunch.

------

"What are you doing?" Seth hovers over Kaine as he sits at the kitchen table doing homework

"Homework"

"Need any help?"

"Have I ever needed any help, Seth?"

"No" Seth wants all of Kaine's attention to be on him "how about you take a break and come hang with me" Seth winks

"How about no, I need to do this Seth just hang alone for today"

"Come on please" Seth begs looking at Kaine with eyes that he knew Kaine wouldn't be able to resist

"Come on Seth don't give me those eyes"

"Please" Seth continues to look at him

And Kaine caves "fine but only 15 minutes then I have to get back" he gets up about to kiss Seth when they hear a knock on the door

"Oh my god! Seriously?" Seth angrily says and Kaine sits back down.

Seth walks towards the door and opens it to a furious Cathy "what took you so long?" she walks in

"I was doing something"

"I need your help this paper is killing me and I can't finish it I'm stuck" she pulls her computer out turning it on

"Can't Stella help you?"

"She's busy" Seth quietly grunts looking at Kaine with a sad face, Kaine smiles mouthing out 'later' and Seth sits next to Cathy.

-------

Many hours passed and Cathy never left she's very clingy and Kaine never understood why Seth would want to be with that, yes she's hot but that was it her personality was terrible and they've never agreed on anything. closing his notebook an grabbing his belongings Kaine stands "I'm going to bed"

Seth looks his way "so soon it's only 10"

"Yeah I'm tired and plus I have to leave early tomorrow"

"Alright"

"Goodnight"

"Goodnight" Seth replies back

As Kaine gets into bed his phone rings 'hey you' it's Ryan

'Hey called to say goodnight'

Kaine smiles 'you could've just texted goodnight'

'Yeah but then I wouldn't get to hear your voice'

'You wanted to hear my voice?'

'Always...' he pauses then continues 'I feel like if we never got partnered on the project you would've never given me a chance'

Kaine pauses knowing some parts of what Ryan said were true 'Ryan I..' He stops because he didn't actually know what to say, he couldn't tell Ryan he was in love with Seth 'I'm sorry Ryan, you're right I probably wouldn't have but I want to change that, I like you and I want to give you a chance'

'Great!' Ryan replies with excitement 'you won't regret it' Kaine laughs

'well I know I won't. I should be getting to bed, see you tomorrow?'

'for sure'

'good night Ryan'

'sweet dreams Kaine' they both hang up and Kaine falls asleep.

---------

"Why are you watching me get dress, Seth?"

"Wanna hang out later?"

"I'd love to but I can't, Ryan and I have to work on our project so I'm coming home late"

"Oh" Seth walks away disappointed Kaine contemplates on ruining after Seth and caving but he needed to man up so he doesn't.

As he grabs his computer and bag he yells "Seth I promise I'll make it up to you" and he leaves.