Chapter 24 (Edited)

As he's asleep Kaine slowly wakes up to the sound of someone crying. when he opens his eyes he sees Seth's parents, and his mom who's crying so loud the whole hospital could probably hear. He jumps out of the chair "Mr. and Mrs. Pratt you're here"

"Kaine, what happened to our son?" His mom asks 

Kaine doesn't even know where to start, "I-I'm-" as he is trying to force it out the doctor walks in

"Are you his parents?"

"Yes" they both answer

"Well, Seth is all right for the most part, just a concussion and some broken bones. He'll be in a cast for a while but other than that he's ok" Kaine is relieved to hear that. The doctor walks out of the room and Kaine rushes out after him

"Excuse me, doctor, when do you think he'll wake up?"

"2 days tops"

"Thank you" the doctor smiles at Kaine then continues to walk away.

Going back into the room Kaine stops when Seth's parents both turn to him with stern looks, "are you ready to tell us what happened?" Seth's mother asks

"Seth's girlfriend did this" he answers honestly

"Cathy beat him this bad?" his dad asks

"No, she... well I should start from the beginning" Kaine stops takes in a deep breath and lets it all out. "Seth and I were together secretly but then weren't anymore, because he was afraid of what people would say if they knew he was gay-"

"My son's not gay!" Seth's dad Barks

"Please let me finish, we ended things but I guess Seth started to grow feelings so a few days ago he outed himself at a party In front of everyone, including Cathy. She told him he would regret it and I guess this is what she meant" Kaine exhales

"You caused this?" Seth's mom narrows her eyes, "you're the reason my son's in a coma?" she grows angrier by the second

"Mr. and Mrs. Pratt I'm so sorry this happened I never meant for it to-"

"Yeah but it did!" she yells "I warned him, I told him that I didn't want him to be living with people like you" Kaine's feelings are hurt and tears begin to run down his cheeks. "I hope you're happy if this is what you wanted then you got it. You should just leave it'd be better that way, he'll be safer with you gone"

"Mrs. Pratt please" Kaine begs

"No, get out before I get security" Kaine looks over at Seth's lifeless body before walking out.

-------

Back at the house, Kaine starts to pack his things as he cries. His phone's ringing and he isn't picking up. Kaine's hurt but he knew he deserved it, he deserves all of it Seth's hurt because of his selfishness and what his parents said were all true.

Kaine calls his mom to come and get him after he's packed, he sits at the table and writes Seth a letter leaving it on his bed. He doesn't want to leave but he knows he has to, Seth needs his life back and he'll never be able to have it back as long as Kaine is in the picture.

As he carries his bags downstairs Kaine sees Cathy standing on the sidewalk, dropping his things he walks up to her with anger and tears in his eyes. "Aww Kaine leaving so soon?" she teases

"I hope you got what you wanted, Seth's hurt badly in the hospital."

"I taught him a well-deserved lesson" she smirks not feeling an ounce of remorse for hurting him.

"You're a sick person you know that? he didn't do anything wrong, why would you do this to him?"

"Try having the one person you love out himself in front of you and all of your friends, then tell me how it feels. I'm hurt too Kaine I loved Seth!"

"Stop trying to make me feel bad for you, you went too far"

"You didn't think it was going too far when you two were fucking behind my back?" Kaine grows quiet because he knows it was wrong what they did, "I knew you were in love with Seth I just never thought he'd actually fall for it. I thought he was more of a man than that obviously I was way wrong."

"Karma's gonna be a bitch Cathy"

"What are you gonna do?"

"Absolutely nothing, but you will get what's coming to you" Kaine walks away grabbing his bags and getting into his mom's car.