Chapter 20 (Edited)

Next morning Kaine doesn't know how to go home...

He and Ryan walk up the stairs to his apartment in silence, Kaine couldn't look Ryan's way. last night was so awkward they didn't speak at all he just slept in Ryan's arms.

They reach Kaine's apartment and sees the door both Kaine and Ryan gasp. Written clearly across the door in bold letters was the word FAGGOT underlined with exclamation points.

Kaine sighs and out of shock Ryan asks "who would do this?" Kaine doesn't know but he knew what Seth was probably going through. this is what he wanted a small part of Kaine is relieved the secret is finally out but he also feels bad, really bad.

Kaine knows what he has to do now it isn't going to be easy but it was now his turn to choose. Turning to face Ryan Kaine starts off "Ryan I have to tell you something..." Ryan turns to him giving Kaine all of his attention "last night when Seth said what he said..." he pauses and Ryan gets the idea

"It was about you, wasn't it?" Kaine nods "were you two together?"

Kaine isn't really sure how to answer that "I wouldn't say we were together"

"But you're in love with him too?"

"I am or I have been it was way before you and I met " both Kaine and Ryan grew quiet "Ryan I'm so sorry"

Ryan forces a smile "it's fine, you loved him first but now you have to choose. I've had so much fun with you, I really like you and I wish that you'd pick me but I understand if Seth is who you want to be with"

Kaine is surprised at how well Ryan is taking all of this "why are you so understanding?"

"It's a gift" Ryan smiles.

Kaine leans in and kisses Ryan on the cheek "thank you for understanding, and I'm so sorry about all of this"

Grabbing Kaine's hand "It's fine really I've been in love with a friend too, I get it" Ryan lets go of Kaine's hand and walks away.

Kaine stands in front of the door not knowing what he was going to say, he finally feels like Seth did the right thing and he knows breaking up with Ryan is the right thing to do too.

Kaine slowly opens the door walking into a really sad Seth sitting on the couch with his head in his palms. Seth looks up and places his head back down again

Walking towards him Kaine says "can't believe you actually did it"

With his head still down "isn't that what you wanted?" Seth asks

"Yes, it is" Kaine replies

"But what about me huh? What about all the shit I'm going to get for doing that? Don't you care about what'll happen to me?"

"Aren't I worth it? I thought you did this because you wanted to be with me?"

"I do but how am I going to be with you when you're with someone else?" Kaine should probably have started with the fact that he broke with Ryan

"But I-" 

Seth cuts him off "no you know what? Don't say anything, I did what I did to prove to you that I was serious about my feelings for you, but now I don't have you or anything at all I wasn't thinking it was a spur of the moment thing and now I'm going to be living a life of torment because of you so I hope you're happy" before Kaine cand get in a word Seth gets up and leaves.

Kaine didn't even get a chance to tell him.

-----

Kaine spends the whole day thinking of where Seth could have gone, he called but no answer so he decides to go looking for Seth.

Grabbing Seth's car keys he drives around the school and nothing, Seth wouldn't be at any friends house, Kaine figures any friends he had would have probably just dissed him by now and Seth couldn't bear that. Kaine thinks really hard then it hits him "Carson's" an idea flashes across her mind. Seth loves Carson's it's his favorite bar, he always says it's because of the hot bartender Jess.

Kaine pulls up to the bar he looks and sees Seth standing in front of the bar Seth starts to walk away and Kaine runs out of the car catching up to Seth.

Reaching up to Seth Kaine yells "you never let me finish!"

Seth turns around "what?"

"You never let me finish" he repeats

"So finish Kaine"

"I broke up with Ryan."

"What?"

"After what you did at the party I knew what I had to do"

"So you were with Ryan to make me jealous?"

Kaine sighs "no I was with Ryan because he actually gave me a chance, that didn't mean that you and I were fully done. You knew what I wanted and you figured out how to give it to me"

Seth forces a smile "what now?"

"Now, we go home" Kaine smiles back