Chapter 14 (Edited)

Kaine tries to mask his anger towards Seth as he walks up the stairs to his apartment, he doesn't know what he's going to say but he knows that today was the last straw. Unlocking the door Kaine walks in to Seth standing by the door waiting "Kaine before you say anything let me explain"

"No need to explain Seth you made your choice I just hope you made the right one..." he stops about to walk away but feels he has more to say "I needed you! I begged you and you just hung up" his feelings get hurt

"Kaine I'm sorry but-"

"No, no buts I'm done we're done I don't know what you are but you're not getting my help figuring it out anymore"

"But Kaine-" Seth tries to get a word but Kaine doesn't let that happen

Kaine cuts him off "and to think I actually love you, as I'm saying all of this to you right now I actually am still in love with you. But you're so wrapped up in what everyone else would think you couldn't see it, and I didn't try hard enough to prove it to you. You were never going to choose me, were you?" Waiting for an answer Seth just looks away answering Kaine's question for him. "You chose wrong Seth and in time it'll come to you, but do me a favor and don't talk to me, act as if I'm not even here." Kaine walks into his room before Seth can see any tears he's losing because of him.

-------

The next day was Saturday, being done with Seth is like a weight being lifted off of Kaine's shoulders, yeah he liked being with Seth but he felt guilty. Kaine wakes up very early leaving the house going for a run, he loves to run it was a good way for him to relieve stress and the last few days have been too much to handle for him.

He's been at it for almost three miles now and Kaine did not want to stop he is energized, as he is running his phone rings 'hello'

'Hey Kaine' it's Ryan

'Hey Ryan'

'Why are you so out of breath?'

'Out, running'

'Oh where I'll come join you'

'You run?'

'When I can' Kaine smiles

'I'm actually a few blocks away from your place on east Penngate and Silverlake'

'I'll be there in five' Ryan hangs up and Kaine stops on the sidewalk waiting for him. "Good morning" Ryan runs up behind Kaine kissing him on the cheek

"Morning" Kaine kisses back on the lips "ready?"

"Sure" they both slowly start to jog "so yesterday what happened on the phone? why couldn't Seth bring us the drive?"

"He was in an emergency" Kaine lies

"Oh, well I want you to know that I'm not upset ok? It's just one bad grade don't beat yourself up over it, it could've happened to anybody"

Kaine smiles "thanks." As they jog Kaine decided to mess with Ryan "you run slow" Kaine smiles

"No, I don't I'm running like this so you can keep up"

"Oh really?"

"Yes..." Ryan smiles

"I tell you what, how about a race"

"A race?" Ryan asks

"Yes a race, the first person to make it to the coffee shop on 3rd ave wins"

"That's pretty far, don't you think?"

Kaine laughs "not really"

"Fine, I'm in, what's the prize?"

A sneaky smile grows on Kaine's face "Winner gets to choose whatever they want as long as it involves the loser"

Ryan laughs "alright, on who's mark?"

"On your mark"

"Ok... go!" Ryan yells and Kaine takes off leaving Ryan behind, Ryan didn't doubt he was going to lose but it was still fun.

Kaine took a shortcut and made it to the coffee shop in no time, about 30 minutes later in comes Ryan running in and out of breath, he sees Kaine sitting at a table sipping his coffee "took you long enough" Kaine teases

Ryan laughs hysterically "you cheater" he sits in front of Kaine in the empty chair

"I didn't cheat I was fast"

"You too cheated" Ryan laughs grabbing Kaine's coffee taking a sip

"Cheated or not I won"

"So what are you going to do with me?" Kaine smiles at Ryan "what are you thinking?"

Kaine leans over the table pulling Ryan's face closer to his "you'll see" kisses him and runs out of the shop leaving Ryan there.