Chapter 23 (Edited)

8:30 pm "Hello?" Kaine picks up his phone

"Hey, it's Tommy, can you please come down here something's wrong?"

Kaine panics "wha- what's wrong?"

"It's Seth, he's in the hospital."

*Earlier that day*

"But you said we'd go out when I got home," Kaine pouts as Seth puts on his jacket

"I know and I'm sorry but Tommy called and said he got tickets to this great game and I really need this Kaine, please?"

"Fine," he sighs giving in

"Thank you" Seth smiles rushing over to kiss Kaine, "when I come back we'll do something together, ok?"

"Okay," Seth leaves and Kaine's all alone. Left with nothing else to do Kaine decided to take a nap.

While in deep sleep Kaine's phone begins to ring, groaning he yells "shut up!" The phone stops ringing then starts again, finally waking up "Hello?" Kaine picks up

"Hey it's Tommy, can you please come down here something's wrong?"

Kaine panics "wha- what's wrong?"

"It's Seth, he's in the hospital" Kaine quickly rushes out of bed grabbing everything and rushing down to the hospital.

He runs towards the receptionist, "which room is Seth Pratt in please?"

She looks at her computer screen then back at Kaine "room 147 but only family members are allowed at this time"

"I'm his boyfriend" Kaine runs from the front desk down the hall looking for the room, he spots Tommy standing at the end of the hall. "Tommy!" Kaine calls out and Tommy turns around with very sad eyes causing Kaine to get more scared.

"Kaine..." he says quietly, "they won't let me see him"

"Why not?" Kaine opens the room door then stops, tears rushing down his cheeks as emotions run through his body. He rushes beside Seth sobbing, Tommy slowly walks in "what happened?" Kaine whispers as he looks at Seth

"We were walking from the game and like six guys came out of nowhere and attacked us, I tried to help I swear but they held me down while they attacked him."

Kaine could see the blood and bruises on Tommy "six?" He cries and Tommy nods "why would they do this?"

"I don't know but all they said were next time he'll think twice about doing something that stupid" Kaine thinks about what that could possibly mean

Then it hits him "Cathy"

"What about her?"

"She did this" Kaine couldn't stop crying. Why would Cathy do something so fucked up Kaine thinks 'why couldn't she just have hurt Me instead? Seth doesn't deserve this'.

Kaine knew he had to get Seth's parents down here but how is he going to explain this to them? "I'm gonna go call his parents" he stands letting Seth's hand go

"No let me do it I got his phone, you stay with him" Tommy leave the room and Kaine cries some more, he blames himself. Maybe if he didn't force Seth out of the closet this wouldn't have happened.

He slowly caresses Seth's face "please Seth, please wake up" the tears stream down his cheeks. "I'm so sorry," he says in between sobs.

Tommy walks back into the room "they're on their way but they probably won't make it till morning" it was now about midnigh.t

"Thank you so much, Tommy"

"Are you kidding? Seth would have done the same for me" Kaine forces a smile

"Maybe you should go home and wash up and get some rest, I'll stay with him tonight"

"Yeah, the police asked me to stop by the station in the morning to give a statement, I'll do that and stop by tomorrow afterward."

"Ok" Tommy leaves and Kaine stays sitting besides Seth. He can't believe Cathy would do this, Kaine underestimated her, she was so angry that she actually got Seth jumped. Who does something like that?