Chapter 27 (Edited)

Seth finally makes it home, he rushes up the stairs leaving his parents behind, quickly unlocking the door he walks in "KAINE!?" he yells but no answer so he tries again, walking towards Kaine's bedroom "Kaine you home?" He opens Kaine's bedroom door and he's not there so Seth shuts it disappointed

He walks to his room and opens the door slowly walking in, Seth notices an envelope on his bed. Picking it up he turns it over and reads his name on the front of the envelope, getting the letter out he already knows it's from Kaine because of the handwriting. 

'Dear Seth, he begins to read the letter,

I'm so sorry that you're hurt, it was hard for me to see you at the hospital like that and even then I was ready to stay by your side because you know I'd never just leave. Your parents had a lot to say and although their words were painful they were also true, I caused this and I'll never be able to forgive myself if I allow something like this to happen again. It hurts not being with you, it isn't going to be easy not being around someone you've loved for so long. You should know that Cathy is the reason you got hurt, I wish it were me instead because then this burden wouldn't be so heavy to carry. I'm so so sorry for pushing you for my own selfish reasons, I let my love for you get the best of me and although I don't regret doing it because it meant having you back, I wish that I went about things a different way. I'm going to be staying at my mom's house until I'm able to be on my own, I don't expect you to ever forgive me but just know that no matter what I will always and forever love you."

This letter made Seth really angry, how dare Kaine think he was mad about this? Waiting for his parents to leave, Seth gets the keys to his car prepared for the long drive to Get Kaine back. No way does Kaine think a letter was going to get him off, Seth doesn't care about anything else and she surely doesn't blame Kaine for anything, so Kaine blaming himself was for no reason.

------

"When's mommy coming home?" Piper looks up at Kaine as they watch tv

"She'll be home soon" Kaine replies and Piper leans her head on him and they go back to the tv. Both Kaine and Piper fall asleep after a while. 

When she finally gets home Their mom sees them passed out on the couch, "guys I'm home" she says but neither of them budges. Leaning over she grabs Piper about to take her to her room but wakes Kaine up in the process

"You're home," he says yawning

"Yeah I would have been home earlier but traffic was a bitch" she sighs then smile. Kaine remains sitting and she walks away asking "did you throw out the trash like I asked?"

Kaine's eyes grow and he rushes to the kitchen grabbing the bag from the can making his to the front door.

As Seth pulls up finally making it to Kaine's street, he looks around not knowing which house it is, he slowly drives down the street then spots a figure walking out of a door. Realizing its Kaine he quickly gets out not bothering to take the key out of the engine or shutting the car door. He approaches Kaine who's back is turned to him, as Kaine places the bag inside the garbage bin Seth says "a freaking letter Kaine, really?" startling Kaine

"Seth?!" Kaine's heart stop and his breathing shortens "what are you doing here?"

"Kaine why would you just leave me like that? and then write a letter like that would help, it made it worse!"

Kaine tries to find the words to explain "I didn't just up and leave Seth I was at the hospital I swear, but I hurt you I caused this"

"Is that why you left?"

"No" Kaine looks down scared to look into Seth's eyes. 

Seth's angry that Kaine isn't saying anything "I didn't get my ass beat, get bashed, and yelled at by my own parents for nothing Kaine! I did it to be with you I outed myself so you'd be with me!" Seth pauses then continues, "you don't get to run way! I woke up in that hospital wanting to see no one else's face but yours and you weren't there"

"Seth I didn't just leave your parents pushed me away, they blamed me for what happened and they're right, I was being selfish and I didn't think how it would have affected you. I am so sorry for what I did to you"

"You didn't do this to me, you did this for me. I didn't know who I was before I loved you, Kaine. I don't regret what I did because it meant being with you" Kaine doesn't know what to say he just wants to hold Seth, so he hugs him tightly making Seth grunt

"I'm sorry" Kaine quickly pulls away but Seth pulls him back

"It's ok, we're gonna be ok Kaine, it's just you and me now" Kaine smiles kissing Seth with so much passion that Seth was able to ignore the pain coming from his legs, Kaine feels so at home in Seth's arms.

"What now?" Kaine asks pulling away

"Now we go home" Seth replies smiling.

**********

Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this book check out my other full-length books