Chapter 3 (Original)

"I. Give. UP!" I yelled, slumping down on the cot in my cell. Pouting, I glared at the ceiling, wishing I wasn't stuck in a stupid white room.

I'd tried everything!

I mean, there wasn't much to try. With there being no door, I couldn't exactly ask them to nicely let me out (although I did try that. I took a full minute to whine and plead at the camera in the corner but whoever was watching was a sadist and a hard-ass). But I still put my entire effort into getting out for at least ten minutes. It had been a very long and very productive ten minutes, mind you.

I learned that there were seven visible security cameras in the room and no door. So there: Productivity.

I flopped onto my stomach and let out a groan of boredom. I couldn't help but wonder if Nico and Will had realized I was gone. Probably not, knowing those two lovebirds. Plus, I couldn't necessarily tell them where I was. Even if I did have my phone, I couldn't tell them because I didn't know where I was. I also wanted to stall my lecture for later.

I'd been fairly sure that all of the drones had left before I used my powers and any stragglers had been taken down by me as we had fallen. So maybe I was here for a surprise party. Though they hadn't been doing so great so far.

I was so busy grumbling about being stuck here, I didn't notice a man enter the room through a hidden door.

"Hello there. You are Perseus Jackson, correct?" The man asked, his towering form leaning over my cot.

"Huh—? Ahh!" I fell off of the bed ungraciously in surprise. My arms crumpled between my chest and the metal floor. I groaned in pain.

Before I could get up on my own, I was grabbed by rough hands and brought to my feet by a hands on my upper arms.

"Oh! Uh, thank y— Yo-You!" I shouted, making him look taken aback and somewhat confused as if he didn't expect to be yelled at for helping someone up.

It was Mr. Scary Shoulders, from the military base. Blond hair, blue eyes, and freaking ripped like there was no tomorrow. Yup. That was him.

"Uh... Me?" If possible, he looked even more confused, his blue eyes blown wide in innocence and his head tilted like a confused puppy.

"Yes, you! You got me kicked out of my military school because of— and I quote, 'insubordination' and 'making us look foolish in front of a diplomat'," for every quote, I used emphatic finger quotes, my chest puffed in indignation, and as of now, Scary Shoulders just looked ashamed and a touch amused. I shook my head and continued, folding my arms across my chest and felt my form slump slightly, "Apparently, that's a thing! I didn't know, but I-I guess...
—why do you look so smug?" He chuckled and shook his head quickly.

"No, I'm not happy," he paused to let out a breathy chuckle, "You— I mean, I am happy, but not for whatever you think— it's just, you remind me of someone I— uh— knew when I was young. Anyway, that's not why I'm here—" I raised an eyebrow. It was weird when people talked about themselves then pretended they were talking about someone else.

"What do we have in common, Muscles?" I inquired, cocking my head and resting my chin on my fist. I shifted on my heels as he spluttered to try and come up with a response. It was always amusing seeing people flounder.

"I wasn't—Whatever, that's unimportant," the blond stated, deciding to just not answer.

"Uh-huh," I stated sarcastically, staring him down, "Whatever you say."

"Er—Anyway, we were wondering why you were hand delivered to us by Spider-Man." I gawped at the man before me, who himself looked fairly confused, though for what reason he should be confused, I didn't know. Then again it wasn't every day a super hero leaves a random person at your door.

I didn't know about Mr. Scary Shoulders, but I was seething. That little traitor. Not little, cause he was obviously taller than me, but he was— yeah, whatever. I thought we'd had something, Spider-Man, I thought with a slight pout. Even if we'd ended our short interaction with him establishing his fear of my powers, a boy could dream couldn't he?

That had brought up another question, though.

"Speaking of," I raised my hand from my crossed arms and waved it around, gesturing to wherever we were, "I still don't know where we are."

"We're at a... uh," he paused to scratch his chin awkwardly before continuing, "secret facility...?" What the fudge was that supposed to mean?

At the end of his statement his arms were crossed against his rock hard chest, and I was quickly reminded that I didn't know where I was and I was trapped in a doorless room (I still didn't really know how he got in) with a gigantic male that I couldn't hope to take on. I gulped, shuffling on my feet, all sense of bravado and confidence swept out of my body.

"No, really. Where am I? Where are we?" I asked before amending my inquiry. "And don't say, 'a... uh... secret facility', again," I said mimicking him a bit louder in a duh-voice.

He sighed like a parent who finally had to reveal their dirty secret to their child.

He dragged a hand down his face tiredly before he began, "Look, kid—"

"—Not a kid."

"—It's kind of hard to explain, but let's start with the basics. Yeah?" he ran his hand through his hair, and suddenly, he hadn't looked like a young guy anymore. He looked like a man who'd seen things no one should have to. He looked beaten and tired and sad. "I am," he paused for dramatic affect, "Captain America, and me and my friends are currently fugitives running from the government." Oh, great. Thanks a lot, Spider-Man, my oh so wonderful savior. Handed me right over to a band of fugitives.

He chuckled quietly. I said that aloud. Whoops.

"Well, where is he? I need to yell at him," I stated seriously.

He looked uncomfortably amused before he replied, "Uh, he's actually not here...?" Even Cap seemed to get that it was a dick move that Spider-Man made.

"Wow. Great! Isn't that just wonderful. Remind me to thank him when I see him again," I remarked sarcastically. "Anyway, first of all, I personally have no idea why I'm here. Honestly, I couldn't tell you, and secondly—"

"So this sticky note we found stuck to your forehead has no correlation?" He held up a post-it between his middle finger and pointer finger and waggled it in the air.

I reached out quickly and snatched it from his fingers. Scrawled across the note in sloppy, rushed handwriting, was the message:

"Please keep my cute unregistered enhanced friend safe.
-Spider-Man

P.S. don't tell Mr. Stark."

Was the cute part really necessary? I don't think so. A-hole.

———

Again, sorry it's so late! I'll try not to let it happen again! It might be a little rough. I may or may not have just typed it up today. So...

Don't forget to like and vote if you enjoyed this chapter!

~ P.S.BROOKLYN