Chapter 5 (Part 1)

Laying there, I groaned, covered in black and purple.

"Percy, you bastard!"

"Where were you?"

"You're such a Seaweed brain!"

"It wasn't my fault! I was kidnapped!" I yelp, protecting my face.

This makes my assaulters pause, causing me to look up from behind my hands. They share looks of disbelief before all settling on a look like, that does seem like something that would happen to Percy.

Nico rolls his eyes and offers me his hand. I take it, and pull myself off the floor of my mothers apartment.

"Was that really necessary, you guys? And seriously, since when do you wear purple lipstick, mom?" I say, trying and failing to wipe off the lipstick staining my cheeks.

"I was letting Nico try something!" She says cheerily, walking over to the kitchen and coming back out with a napkin to her lips, "Sorry, baby. I don't think purple's my 'thing'." She gives Nico, who himself is wearing black lipstick, a side hug.

Of course she would let Nico put her in a purple lipstick. She thinks of him as her own son, she'd do anything for him. Yet when I try to get her to go skydiving with me, I'm the crazy one. Favoritism much?

"That's ok, Mrs. Jack—Blofis. Mrs. Blofis. Sorry, I keep forgetting," Nico says blushing.

When my mom doesn't respond, simply examining her nails, he looks confusedly over to Will for help, who mouths, Mom. Remember?

Nico's mouth forms an 'o' shape and nods. "Er. M-Mom..." he corrects, a bit unsure.

"Sorry, what was that, dear?" She inquires innocently. She raises a hand to cup her ear.

"Mom," he repeats, more confidently this time after getting a thumbs up from Will.

Her face breaks out into a smile before giving him a full on momma hug, which he returns awkwardly.

As they had their moment, I'd shuffled over towards my room in hopes I'd get there before they noticed. Sadly, all my dreams and aspirations were shattered when Will notices me.

I make a mad dash for my room, but don't make it inside before I'm scooped up and man handled back over to my mom and Nico.

I sigh before adding dryly from where I'm hanging in Will's arms, "You know, Nico, can I be the first to say, that I don't like this new guy you're dating. He's really tall, and you know how I feel about tall people. I don't think he's right for you—eek!" I'm unceremoniously dropped from where I'd been held and end up on the floor near my mother and Nico's feet are.

As neither are laughing, I figure it's about time for the course of action #333: groveling and begging. You'd be surprised how many times this course of action is used.

I grab onto their legs and shout with all of the drama I can muster, "PLEASE DON' T KILL ME! I SWEAR IT WASN'T MY FAULT THIS TIME!" I peek up through my begging to see if it's working. It's not, if their unamused faces are any indication.

"Will, help me out, buddy! I didn't mean what I said earlier! You're great for Nico! Solangelo all the way!" I continue to plead as I'm picked up by an unamused Will and flopped on the couch.

"I retract everything I just said. Will, you're a traitor, you stink, and you can shove—"

"Explain! Perseus, I swear to god, if you don't explain you're grounded for the rest of your little life!" They surround me so I couldn't get out without running face first into one of them.

"I-I'm feeling very attacked right now, you guys. This is very mean of you. I just came out of a really scary situation—" Their glares silence me. Why is this such a big deal anyway?

I try again, "So there was this spaceship? You see—"

"PERCY!"

"Okay, okay!" I inhale deeply and let it out in a huff. Time to lie my butt off.

__________________________

A/N

Hey guys! Here's part one! Happy holidays!! Thank you for supporting and reading my fanfic (especially those of you who have been here since the beginning)!! It means a lot! I love you guys! Wow that's a lot of exclamation marks! XD

Don't forget to comment and vote!! (Please?) ♥️

~ P.S.BROOKLYN