Chapter 11.1

A/N
Ha! Remember that vote I put up a few days ago? Oops. I decided to go against it.

________________________________________________

I look over the table with a tight lipped smile. A tense awkwardness lays over the group of us and even the chattiest of them had run out of things to ask.

It had started with Peter Parker, the unannounced leader of the pack. He had been giving me weird looks since the very first day and still is. Constant blush and glare! What does that even mean? It's too bad Ned had to be friends with such a stick in the mud. To think I used the find this guy was hot. As if, I think with an eye roll.

"So, Percy. Uh– where did you go to school before you came here?" Liz Allen asks chirpily, breaking the silence. I smile at her attempt.

I answer relieved, "I–ah– I actually went to a military boarding school in upstate New York. It's a pretty drastic scene change from the one here."

"That's really cool. Why'd you leave, though? Sounds better than this dump we call a school," MJ asks jokingly. I smile slightly. MJ seemed pretty cool.

"I–"

"That's because he wouldn't have left. He must've been kicked out or something," Peter interjects harshly. I flinch involuntarily. The truth ricochets around my body floating around the shock.

"Wow. I'm– Excuse me?" I react quietly.

Liz puts a hand on my shoulder silently. "Hey. What was that for? You just met Percy. Why are you being so mean to him?"

Peter visibly backpadals at the sight of one of his friends defending him. He shakes his head scoffing and brashenly stalks off.

Ned moves to go after him but I grab his wrist. I shake my head at Ned's look of confusion. I get up from the table with a quick, "It's ok. I got this." I stumble my way off of the crowded table, kicking backpacks to the ground. I apologize quietly before returning to locating Peter.

I spot Peter and jog after him and find him heading towards the outside area. As he exits, the door behind him slams shut loud enough for those closest to the door to look that way. I jab the release bar to follow before a torrent of rain becomes a thick veil between me and outside.

"Great. Of course it's raining. Now I get to go to all my classes soaked. Thanks Pete–Ah!"

I'm soaked in seconds. I'm barely out of the building when I'm slammed into the brick behind me.

"W-What the–?"

"What are you doing in this school? Are you some sort of–of terrorist or something? Here to destroy it?" As he speaks, he pushes me further into the wall if possible, pinned by my shoulders. I bite back a groan of pain. The rain slides down my back between the wall and myself.

"You wouldn't believe how often this occurs," I mutter.

"You didn't answer my question."

"The one about being a terrorist?"

Peter nods his head sternly.

"Wh– No! What the heck man? No, I'm not a freaking terrorist!" I shout in his face at the absurdity. "Who on this earth would accuse a seventeen-year old of being a terrorist?"

Using one of the tricks Luke taught me, I had Peter on the ground with me sitting on top of him. "My friend Luke taught me that." I boast angrily, feeling rather proud of myself beside the emotionally charged heat coursing through my body. Peter was heavy and I had just judo flipped him. How we were the same age simply amazed me. He was huge.

"That's nice," he says in a condescending and sarcastic tone. "But that still doesn't give me any evidence against you coming here to hurt me and my friends. In fact, that move you pulled just made my case against you harder. Maybe Luke is the name of one of your terrorist friends."

I scoff. The rough concrete scrapes against my hands as I angrily rise off the ground.

"As if everything is about you, Parker." I say stepping over him. I begin the walk back to the door to the inside before he shouts out something that stops me.

"I saw you! I saw you on the bridge that day," he threatens loudly. I spin around in fury. He was on his feet again. "I saw you use water powers. How you– how you could manipulate the water to—"

"Then you know I'm dangerous. And that I could cut you without even holding a knife. How I could turn you into nothing but water particles and that we are surrounded by my element right now." I stalk right up to him, commanding his eyes to meet mine. "So let's keep this interaction between us, yeah?"

Our glare match intensifies as we wait for the other to give in. I make the rain come down on us harder as he continues to stay steady. At the point where it begins to feel like hail, a puff of vapor exits his mouth as he looks away and nods. Pain shoots through my shoulder as he roughly shoved past. I watch him as he stalks back to the school.

"I really don't have a malicious agenda at this school, Peter. No agenda at all, really. Just to be a regular kid who goes to school." His steps falter as he hears my words. But it's a relieved and hopeful falter.

________________________________________________

A/N
I one thousand percent should put more thought into my actions. I put up a useless vote and told you guys to vote, and I didn't really go with what you guys said and I'm very sorry. I seem to do that a lot. (I feel just rotten about it. Really.) I swear, however, that I did this only because I was dumb and didn't realize all of the filler chapters I wrote couldn't really all be placed in the same spot. That, and I'm probably going to take a while finishing all the fillers. So. Here.

(I'm also a little out of it.)

~P.S.BROOKLYN