Chapter 4 (Original)

Folding chairs suck. They're hard, cold, and unstable. Being tied to said sucky chair, sucks even more. Plus, I'm on a plane, so that "unstable" turns to "almost falling flat on your face every five seconds". So basically, everything is terrible, horrible, everything ending with a "rrible".

While in my valiant attempt to escape, I'd been able to slip away from Mr. Scary Shoulders (who's name I'd found out was Steve Rogers), only to be rooted in place and caught once again. So I enjoyed about 5 seconds of freedom.

Now, before you go off and say, Why did you stop running? You could have gotten free! Yeah, no.

Let me tell you one little fact about me: I. HATE. PLANES.

I hate thinking about planes, I hate drawings of planes, I hate movies about planes, and most of all, I hate being on planes.

And that's where I was.

On a plane, in the middle of everywhere, and tied to a chair. Why me?

"PERCY! STOP, YOU'RE GOING TO BRING THE PLANE DOWN!" Steve shouts, holding onto his chair like his life depended on it. Which it did, to be fair.

"...p-plane... we're on a plane..." I mutter weakly for about the third time, the only words my shaking body can come up with.

He gets up to, I assume, throttle me, before his attention catches on someone behind me. They have a staring match for about five seconds before he sits back down.

In front of me, Steve seems to realize he won't get anywhere with me, and nods in defeat to someone behind me, and I feel warm, motherly hands caress my forehead. The gentle hands soothe me in an unnatural way, like the pull of sleep you get from an anesthetic. The last thought siphoned from my mind being, Percy Jackson: death by overprotective mother and biological mother, Sally Jackson.

••••••••••••••••••••<•>••••••••••••••••••••

Behind the darkness of my eyelids, I quietly regain enough of my consciousness to hear several voices arguing near me.

"—he's had some bad experiences on planes! It's not his fault! I'd be scared, too..." A female voice with a heavy accent says. In response, several gruff humphs are pulled from the rest of the team, before a lull in the conversation. Still half asleep, I listen to the conversation that I know is about me.

"Why do we even have this kid? Because Spiderman didn't want his little boy-toy hurt? ...What even is he? Is he a technopath or something?" Questions a distinctly male voice harshly. Again, there's a tense silence. The voice goes on accusingly, "I had to bring the plane down in the middle of a forest. A forest! We had that much damage. He practically tore the ship apart!" he ends again. My eyelids begin to feel lighter and they slowly open against the brightness.

"Look, we don't want to assume anything. We can just ask him when he wakes—" he's interrupted when I emit a soft moan that cuts through the tense air. My breathing becomes deeper as I fully regain consciousness. As my eyes flutter open, I feel a lumpy cot beneath my small frame, sensing all heads swiveling towards my cot. As I try to stretch, I realize I'm still bound. I huff and look up, only to realize I'm surrounded on all sides by angry faces.

"H-hey there... w-we're cool, right guys?" I ask pitifully. The only response I receive is angry faces all around and one sympathetic face. Welp. Plan B comes to save my sorry bum, yet again. I slip my hand behind my back and prepare myself to stall like there's no tomorrow. "...So, I'm not overly fond of planes... Ya know, in case you didn't notice... I—uh— I heard I damaged the ship? That's on me, you guys. My bad...?"

I receive multiple angry glares from multiple scary males. Would it help if I said it wasn't my fault? Just as one of them looks about to speak, I realize my time is up. I'm safe to dissolve.

"It's been fun, but I gotta go! You know, angry moms and stuff! Bye!" I break apart into mist just to see there shocked faces. I reappear at my mom's apartment in Manhattan.

"Whoah. That was crazy!"

The door swings open to my mom's angry face accompanied by a red in the face Nico and Will, and the smile wipes off my face. Oh shoot.

___________________________

A/N

Hey! So it's been a while! Sorry about that! So much for a schedule, right? Not sure if you noticed, but I took the liberty to change the cover! Like it? Yes? No? Tell me! Sorry about the short chapter!

Thanks for the 713 reads! It's great! Keep it up!!

Don't forget to like, vote, and comment!

~ P.S.BROOKLYN