Chapter 8

A/N at the end of this chapter.

I stand as stiff as a board in his arms. His chest vibrates with laughter, but it's nothing like Spiderman's easy and calming chuckle. Not even like Jason's. It's completely different: It's deranged.

"O-Octavian," I state shakily, "What do you want?" He chuckles right next to my ear sending chills down my spine.

"What? I can't say hello to my friend?" he asks. He runs his hands down my sides causing get out of my frozen state and jump away from him, putting some distance between us. He laughs again, and follows me, closing the distance with just a few long strides. He leans over me; holding himself so that he seemed taller than me in that lazily intimidating way that shows that even though he's slumped, he could easily overpower me.

"We're friends? I don't think so. Wait—Shouldn't you be with Jason?" I take a step backwards and turn to keep walking, hoping he won't follow, yet knowing he will. My fingers play with the frayed edges of my sweater nervously. With Octavian, this could go any way. As I predicted, hastened footsteps follow in my wake, and an arm is looped around my waist, effectively stopping the both of us in the middle of the sidewalk. We are chest to chest, but I refuse to look up to him.

"Please let me go, Octavian," I whisper towards the ground.

"No," is the simple response I receive. I'm left bound to his chest, not knowing how to get myself out of this. "As to why I'm away from the academy, well, let's just say Jason and I," he pauses to gauge my reaction, but I refuse to give him any, "had a bit of a... falling out. I've taken some much needed time to get away." I let a small smirk grace my face as I look up at him from under my lashes.

"Jason got his daddy to suspend you, huh?" His silence and pinched expression is the only answer I need to tell me I have assumed correctly. "What? Trouble in paradise? Are things falling apart between the two of you? Oh, don't tell me! Does Jason not need his little lacky any more? His little bitc—" I'm roughly shoved up against a building wall, and I know I've pushed it a bit too far. One of his hands pins my wrists above my head and the other is stretched out over my midsection. I cry out at the nails digging into the sensitive flesh of my wrists and the fire burning intensely behind his eyes. Anger soon overcomes me, and my rage soon matches his. He has no idea what I could do to him. That I could kill him with a flick of my wrist.

We stay face to face. His grip never slacking, and our eyes boring into each other's daring the other to make to first move.

"You never know when to shut that pretty little mouth of yours, do you?" He removes his hand from my stomach and caresses my lips in an intimate way. He begins to lean in, but I turn my head to the side and stare at the ground, his lips brushing against my cheek. A growl crawls its way out of his throat and I stare at him defiantly. He spins me around and slams me against the building so I'm facing the wall, pinned against it by my hips. My hands grope the wall for any possible leverage. His breath tickles my ear, and for the first time in our conversation, I realize he's intoxicated. I'm sent into a panic at the memory of what almost happened with Jason.

"Help! Somebody help! Hel—mmph!" He pushes me against the wall so hard that it hurts my ribs and I bite my tongue in the process, the iron blood filling my mouth. He continues to do as he pleases, completely ignoring my pleas for him to stop.

It's happening again. Angry tears fill my eyes, making the bricks in front of me blur. I cry out as he grinds himself against me.

"Jason always kept you for himself, that selfish bastard. I can't wait to tell him that I got to have my way with you, see the look on his face ad I do." I don't want this.