Chapter 14

I walk into the large bar and my senses are immediately bombarded with the strong scent of alcohol.

I trot over to the bar and survey the room quietly. My skateboard hangs from my hands loosely. I walk with shuffling steps, feeling extremely out of place. I spot Luke sitting in the corner of the room at a small table with a blond man. How did I even get into the bar without being stopped? I look like a kid!

Am I too early? I check the time and find that I guess I could be kind of early. We didn't set a specific time though.

I'm thankful for the size of the room at least.

I whip out my dead phone and pretend to tap around on it so it looks like I'm doing something.
I watch the woman next to me's dress sway as she walks until she disappears and I'm left to hide elsewhere.

My gaze sweeps over to the corner again and finds Luke sitting with the man still.

"Hi, what can I get for you today?" A voice shouts in my face.

My eyes spring up towards the bartender. She's young and has short cut rainbow hair. A tattoo of a rainbow tiger winds it's way around her neck and rests on her shoulder blades.

"Hi, can I get a... soda?"

"Sure," she says boredly. "That will be $2.75," she adds handing me the receipt.

"Uh... thanks," I reply taking my receipt and soda.

I look over at the table again to see it empty except for the blonde man Luke had been sitting with.

I tense up and quickly shout, "Luke, I swear to god if you're trying to sneak up behind me—"

"Me? I would never," he yells from behind me. I startle, dropping my skateboard with a clatter.

"Damn it, Luke!" I shout. He laughs loudly as I swing around to face him. I glare at him, mad at myself for still getting scared even though I knew it was coming.
"Such an ass," I retaliate, punching his arm. He laughs harder as I walk back to the bar to get a napkin for the soda he'd made me spill.

I snatch the napkin from the dispenser and wipe off my hand. Luke comes up behind me and pulls out my earbuds I had forgotten were in my ears.

I swat his hands away irritatedly.

I pull my earbuds off the floor and stuff them into my pocket with my phone. Freaking nasty.
Luke leads me to the corner table where we sit down with his friend.

"Percy, this is Argent. Arge, this is Percy," Luke says introducing us.

"Nice to meet you, Percy," the man greets, silver and gold eyes meeting mine.

"You too. Uh—Aren't you... Reyna's boyfriend?" I connect him to the first time I'd seen Reyna and Luke.

Luke and Argent smile awkwardly at each other and Argent concedes, "Sort of."

"Oh," I say quietly.

Luke grimaces before he says, "Say, Perce. So I —uh... I wanted to talk to you about something today."

I shift in my seat uneasily, uncrossing my legs, wary of the change in his tone.

"I mean, obviously. We're in a bar. What's up, Luke?" I ask taking a sip of my soda.

Luke puts both hands on the table and looks me square in the eyes causing me to gulp.

"You've been lying to me, Percy," he says quietly.

I narrow my eyes suspiciously before playfully and give him a smirk. He returns the smirk as I take my time to take another sip of my soda.

"You're going to have to tell me exactly what I've been lying about."

"How about the part about you and the bridge?"

I feel my face flush in shame involuntarily, all humor wiped clean.

"That's... why would you think that? Is that some sort of weird accusation?" I question, suddenly on guard.

"Yes, I suppose it is," he agrees.

"I don't understand. It wasn't a lie. I wasn't anywhere near the bridge that day," I lie.

He and Argent exchange looks.

"We know about what you are, Percy," Argent bluntly states.

"You know what I am? And what is that?" I challenge, trying to gauge what exactly he knows. He couldn't know all that much unless my mom had suddenly decided to talk to my personal trainer about the fact that I have powers. Which she wouldn't. And Nico and Will don't even know Luke.

"It's ok if you don't want to tell us now. We're going to be speaking about it later," Luke promises.

"No, I don't think we are. I'm... I'm gonna go now," I say quickly getting up from the table. I walk away quickly, and look back to find that Luke has gotten up as well.

"Arge, grab him," I hear Luke command.

I quickly start running through the tables, weaving over bags and coats to get to the door. As I begin to stumble through the bags and hit more and more, I realize in utter horror that my movements are becoming sluggish. Damn it. Of course it was a bar.

I grab onto the nearest table and take a seat, startling the women at the table. Maybe my size could be an asset in this situation.

"Hello, I'm Percy," I say sweetly, although a little slurred. The women aww to each other and I quickly rush out the next few words, "There are two guys behind me and I don't know them and
I think they're trying to kidnap me, please help—."

A large hand covers my mouth and I turn to see Luke wearing a sheepish smile. I narrow my eyes quietly.

"Sorry, ladies. This here is my baby faced little brother, harm to no one, but he's had a little too much to drink!" He promises. When the women don't look sure, he adds jokingly, "Legal age, I swear. He's just got those trustworthy big eyes."

I try to pull Argent's hand off my mouth but to no avail, and instead try to communicate my panic through my eyes but even my eyes begin to droop.

"See? A little tipsy is all. Thanks for understanding, ladies," he says with a wink making all the girls swoon. Barf.

I glare at Luke and he responds with a cool glance. My nonvocal accusation turns to Argent but he doesn't look my way as he swings me up into his arms bridal style.

I can only groan in protest, nothing but illiterate moans exiting my mouth in the place of panicked words.

I try to fight but find my limbs are completely useless. Fighting a fly off would be hard in this state. I try to keep my eyes open, but the weight is just too hard to stop and I find myself in darkness.

How could Luke do this to me? I thought we were friends.

The next few events I'm only semi-conscious for but I try to hold onto everything I can. "Put him in the car," I hear at some point.

Why are you doing this? I try to ask, but my mouth doesn't cooperate.

"Tell... on our way."

"...out for a while. Maggie... too much?"

Percy. A voice calls. The first clear one I've heard all day. The voice calls again,
"Percy!"

My eyes open groggily just to shut again at the abrupt light.

"Turn off the lights, moron. And shut up would ya? He's been asleep for 2 days, he won't be able to see! Must have a killer headache with the amount of shit Mag dosed him with," another voice whisper-shouts.

I open my eyes to darkness because apparently someone dimmed the lights. I send out feelers through the air instinctually to get a sense of the room I'm in but the drug makes it hard to concentrate on the feedback I get back. One thing that does return clearly, however, is the domino masks they all wear and the fact that there are eight people in the room.

"Are you guys the Incredibles?" I ask clutching my head.

A/N
Hi, everyone. Happy Saturday. Here's the next chapter.

~P.S.BROOKLYN