🍁•six - party & a kiss•🍁

As days passed by, I kind of got used with having Edward by my side. He'd ask me over for lunch dates - except when he's busy. And people tend to ask me if he was my boyfriend and I tend to say no, because he wasn't. I'm not sure what Edward and I were too, honestly. Are we friends? Best friends? Lovers? People who we'll tell problems to? I don't know.

Watching Edward walk in my office, he smiled. "It's not lunch yet." I said as he nod his head. "I know." he said. "I'm here for business." he said as he sat in front of me.

"My company will be having a ten anniversary party. We'll be having it at our own ball room and I want you to design it." he said.

"Can you be specific on what design? What type of flowers you want?" I asked.

"No specific designs. I just want you to do whatever you want to. You own creativity." he said as I smiled. "Alright then. Budget?" I asked as he tapped his chin. "Ten thousand dollars but don't use all of them if you could." he said as I nod my head. "Alright. When is the event?" I asked as I wrote the information down. "Three months from now. Don't let me down, alright?" he said as I chuckle. "I'll try not to." I joked.

Noticing him wearing his engagement ring. I couldn't stop looking at it. He took the ring off, looking at me. "She's coming back here in a month." he blurted as I looked at him.

"Do you love her?"

"I do not."

"Then why are you wearing the ring?" I asked, looking at him.

"You wouldn't understand." he said, looking down as he licked his nervously.

"Then help me understand what you're going through, Edward. Because I don't want you to live your life, the way you don't want it to." I said as he chuckled.

"It's not that simple." he said as he pushed his hair back. "I really don't want to talk about this." he stressed. "I really don't want to." he said as I nod my head." he said as I nod my head. "I get it."

Whatever I thought we were was wrong.

We were friends, maybe.

Best friends? I doubt.

Lovers? Haha to that.

Maybe both of us were just two lost persons, trying to find that one thing that could make our lives less miserable - maybe that's why we found each other. Maybe.

Sitting on my seat, I continued on doing my work before Edward took his phone out, sighing. "I can't have lunch with you, today. I'm going to be busy." he said as he got up. "It's alright. There's always another day." I said, keeping my eyes on my laptop as he left. Though deeply in my heart I knew, it wasn't alright.

***

Leah looked at me as she listened to my confession on Edward. "That's messed up." she said. "That's just - oh my god." she said as she sipped her drink. "How could you possibly be with someone whose engaged?" she asked as she looked at me.

"I don't know what to tell you, to be honest." she said, making me feel guilty. "But don't get me wrong I once heard this ; if you've fallen in love with two person, pick the second one. Because if you truly loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second one." she said. "And I guess maybe that's why he chose you." she said as I bit my bottom lip.

"You know what? I know what will make you feel better." she said as she smiled.

"Let's party."

"I don't want to." I whined.