🍁•twelve - dark past•🍁

Getting into the airplane, Edward and I haven't really spoken to each other since we left the house. I bid my father and Kate goodbye once again since they were up early. Sitting on our seats, I took my earphones out as I went straight to my playlist, just as Edward closed his eyes, wanting to continue sleep.

He didn't look as if he slept yesterday - he left the room in awkward way.

I truly didn't want to believe that he was cheating on me or anything but Edward is the type to hog on his phone. He barely takes his phone out and he often gets pissed when I'm on my phone so for him to be on his phone 24/7, that's just .., rare. I may not know him a lot, but he's my boyfriend. - Edward is like an open book. That's what I thought when I first saw him. He's an open book that I could read all the time and would never get bored of.

But I guess some pages are stuck to each other and I don't have enough strength to tore them apart.

He loves his dad, though he doesn't want to do things the way his father wants to. He also hates people who are anti-social due to their phones. He likes to go to pancake house, though would never really eat them and he tends to work out when he has time to.

I watch as he covered his face with his cap, before looking away, minding my own business. Looking out the window, I noticed as the sky was grey. Just as the seatbelt mode was turned on, the pilot told us that the weather wasn't good. Gulping, I decided to close my eyes as I listened to my playlist, my heart beating faster. I don't always fly on airplane but when I do .., things like this tend to happen.

Leaning my head back, I felt someone reach for my hand. I looked at Edward as he held my hand, though nothing left our lips. Looking away, he licked his lips as he went back to sleep. I blinked before letting my hand go as everything went back to usual. Biting my bottom lip, I heard as a sigh left Edward's lips, along with a small fine.

***

Sitting in his car, we've arrived in LA and he was sending me back home. I looked out the window as he hit the steering wheel, making me surprised.

"Are you mute? Can't you speak?" he asked.

"I-"

"Why can't you just talk to me, Chloe? What's the matter with you?"

"Excuse me?" I asked. "What's the matter with you? You've been hogging on your phone a lot and you're not the type to-"

"Oh, please-"

"Don't cut me when I'm speaking, Edward Collins." I warned as I eye-d him. "You've been on your phone lately and I guess, you fell out of love with me?"

I heard a chuckle left his lips. "Do you actually think this is funny?"

He looked at me "Frankly, I do. Are you telling me that I fell out of love for you? Heck, I didn't go work to follow you back to fucking Melbourne and I went on a search for your mum."

"I didn't tell you to." I spat as he looked at me, anger his face.

"I don't get people like you, I really don't." he said. "I placed my time and effort and you're just going to tell me that you didn't tell me to do it? You're unbelievable." he spat as he halted the car at the gas station. "I'm going to fuel up." he said as he left the car, leaving me alone. I hissed as I took my phone out, just remembering that Maya wouldn't be home since she's having her break.

Turning the radio on, I tried calming myself.

As Edward got in, he continued on driving. I looked out the window, not wanting to look at him. He was also not interested on talking to me anymore. Clearing my throat, I knew my house was getting near.