# 9 #

~*Seto*~

"So," the familiar woman states as she returns from putting her child to sleep. "Why exactly did you choose my house? There are plenty of city officials that could've let you in."

"It's safer for the prince for him to stay here," Lady Kendra states, glaring at the woman. Lady Kendra really doesn't like her.

"Lady Kendra," I begin, looking at the guard with a calm expression. "You can leave now if you wish."

"But your fathers-"

I interrupt her. "You don't look pleased with this woman. Why don't you go to the hotel nearby and let off some steam? I can handle myself." Lady Kendra narrows her eyes at me and shakes her head.

"It's my sworn duty to-"

"I order you to take a break." The guard lets out an annoyed huff before bowing her head to me and turning to leave.

"I will return in the morning. If anything happens to the prince, you will be charged with treason against the crown Miss Aceti."

"I know," the woman states, shaking her head. Lady Kendra runs a hand through her hair before leaving through the door we entered through.

A few moments after Kendra leaves, I turn to the orange haired woman. "I'm sorry for her attitude. Her sister was recently killed on a trip here." I let out a small sigh before shaking my head. "Lady Kendra has never been very fond of this city."

"I couldn't tell," the woman states coldly before walking over to a counter. "Want something to drink? I have water, apple juice, milk," her voice trails off as she lists off the drinks.

"Water will be fine, thank you."

"So what brings someone like you to Trunkeet?" she asks as she fills a small glass with water.

"The border patrol incident," I say calmly. "I'm here to receive the reports from it."

"They're at the Public Safety Center in the Port Capitol." She hands me the glass. "Three of them were badly injured, and a fourth had a large gash in his arm but didn't want me to treat it."

My eyes widen with curiousity. "Was one of them an old man with orange eyes?"

"I think so? I don't really pay attention to anything besides my patients." She shrugs before taking a seat on her sofa and runs a hand through her red hair. "There was this one old guy who was pretty knowledgeable about healing potions. Was that him by any chance?"

"Sounds like Preston." I shake my head before looking at the sofa. "Do you mind if I sit?"

"No need to ask," she mumbles, moving over to the edge of the couch. I furrow my brows in confusion before sitting down on the opposite side of the sofa. Surprisingly, it was a lot softer than the ones back at home. It appears she isn't very fond of me.

"May I ask you an off topic question?" I ask, looking over at her.

"You already are," she states sarcastically, rolling her eyes at me. "But go ahead."

"You don't like me, and that is very clear to see, but may I ask why that is?"

"Maybe ask yourself that," she states with a shrug before standing up. "I'm going to head to bed. There is a guest bedroom down that hall, second door to the right." Ask myself? Did I do something bad to her? I shake my head at the thought. That can't be right...

Can it?

"Thank you Miss Aceti," I finally say in the midst of my train of thoughts. How could forget doing something bad to someone?

"Just call me Ta'dei while you're here."

"Alright. Goodnight Miss Ta'dei."

~*???*~

Nerves bubble in my stomach as I near the doors of the Imperial throne room. Guards decorated in light grey uniforms and black sashes watch me closely as I am escorted through the emperor's home. According to my escorts, the black sash makes the solider a drurkalk, which means "elite" in the imperial language. Black sashes equal trouble. Easy enough. The men who were escorting me stop in front of a pair of large doors and speak to the guards in front of them.

After a few minutes of conversation, the guards open the doors and my escorts push me forward into the room. I stumble forward before landing on my hands and knees. My face heats up in embarrassment before I look up to see a powerful man looking down at me from his throne with an amused look on his face.

"Did you like the service? I told them to give the Minecraftian messengers the special treatment." The man had almost no accent as he spoke fluently in my language. His green eyes seemed to almost be glowing with amusement as he looked down at me.

Taking a shaky deep breath, I push myself to a stand before meeting his glowing gaze. "I come with a message from King Vikram Star the 123rd."

"Really? My dear uncle Vik finally wants to talk to me? Usually it's that pitiful excuse of a former assassin sending messages my way. What does Vikky have to say?" The emperor leans forward in his seat, clearly intrigued by what I have to share with him. This man is crazy...

"King Vikram has stated that if you continue your actions against the people of Minecraftia, they will not hesitate to declare war."

The emperor lets out a bellowing laugh. "Oh no! The big, bad Minecraftian army is going to attack us with their wooden swords and plastic arrows!" he states sarcastically, throwing his hands up into the air dramatically. "To be honest, you can tell my dear uncles that Minecraftia isn't my main target at the moment."

My eyes widen in surprise. "Then what is?"

"Somewhere much easier to take control of." The man's gaze grows dark, but the smile plastered onto his face grows. "Tell me messenger, how much do you know about the Island Nations?"
____________________
I decided to take one of my nieces to the toy store earlier today...

(Totally haven't based a baby in this book off of her as a baby or anything

(Totally haven't based a baby in this book off of her as a baby or anything...)

Anyways,

Much Luv,
Mickey-Kenzie