« 18 »

~*Ta'dei*~

A wave of relief washes over my body as I watch the nurse edit the results of my son's blood test, but it wasn't there for long. I turn my attention to Simon, who was seated beside me. He looked as if he was in a daze.

"Are you alright?" I ask quietly, tapping his shoulder.

The tall man jumps slightly before looking at me. "Yeah. Just a little light headed."

"That can happen when your blood is drawn." I giggle softly at him before leaning my head back against the wall and closing my eyes.

"That's probably what's happening." Simon lets out a sigh. "I guess I'm a father now?"

I tilt my head and look at him in surprise. He was also leaning his head back against the wall behind us, but his eyes were still open as he starred at the ceiling. "According to the government, yes." I murmur, taking in a deep breath. What have I gotten myself into? No one is going to believe that Simon Minter, the third son of the Minter Cooperation's CEO, would be the father of a three year old.

"You don't have to help me take care of him," I finally state, realizing what he likely was thinking the same thing I was. "You're too busy with other things, and I can-"

Simon interrupts me. "I'm not that busy."

"But what if-"

"Sure, people will ask questions, and yes, my father will be pissed; but as long as we say the right things, everyone will just think I was keeping the kid a secret." Simon looks at me once more and smiles. "They're going to be asking questions whether I help or not."

"You're willing to help me raise a kid that isn't yours?"

"What are you talking about?" Simon looks at me with shock. "Since when was he not my kid?" I couldn't help but smile at his words. He's taking this too lightly...

I think I might need some positivity in my life...

"It's all set!" The nurse states, walking over to Simon and I. "Fvendal's medication was sent to your pharmacy, and he is free to return home whenever the time is right."

"Thank you, Kaitlyn," Simon says kindly. Right! Kaitlyn was her name.

"Of course." She bows her head to us and smiles. "Now if you don't mind, I need to get back home. My brother is waiting for me."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Nerves bubbled in my stomach as Simon and I walked toward the entrance of the hospital. Fvendal was sound asleep in Simon's arms, the small boy's head resting on the man's shoulder. Fvendal usually isn't this calm around new people. But even so, people are going to ask questions. Is there going to be paparazzi? Dear Notch, I can see the headlines now...

"Hey." Simon's whisper drags me out of my head and I feel his hand brush my arm in a comforting manner. "You look nervous."

"I'm not nervous, I'm just..." My voice trails off as I watch a brunette man walk into the lobby with two guards by his side.

"Are you Ta'dei Aceti, ma'am?"

~*Sei'eah*~

Ayris is silent as we walk over the Zion bridge. Whether her silence is out of boiling rage or reluctant acceptance is beyond me. But if there's one thing that is certain, it's that she is not happy with me.

"How long are you going to stay upset?" I ask, sighing audibly.

"For as long as it takes for you to realise how stupid you are for accepting his proposal," the blonde mutters, shaking her head in dissatisfaction.

"I'm doing this for the safety of my people, Ayris. You'll realise this one day."

"Don't you get it?!" Ayris exclaims, turning to look at me with tears in her eyes. "He was looking for a way to gain leverage in his war against our allies, and you just gave him one, Sei'eah. He's going to wait until you give him an heir; then he's going to kill you, take the islands for himself, and attack Minecraftia the ocean."

"How do you know that is his intentions? Last I recall, he once told my father that his gigantic territory is hard to keep under control. Why would he want to rule over a large sum of people who hate him?"

"I don't know, but lately I've having strange dreams about this," Ayris mutters, "Every night it's the same dream. You give birth, and he takes over the planet."

"You probably should go see a doctor about that, Ayris. Your overreactions are starting to weave themselves into your dreams."

"I guess you're right." The blonde girl sighs before running a hand through her hair. "Want to come to my place for dinner? My mother is making pasta."

"Pasta?" I look at her in surprise. "What's the occasion?"

"It's my dad's birthday, remember?"

"Oh yeah! That sounds like fun. Tell you what; once I'm finished with my meeting, I'll come eat dinner with you and your family."

"You better not be lying to me," Ayris snaps, narrowing her eyes.

"Since when have I lied about missing one of your father's birthdays?"

"Seven-o'clock! Don't be late!"
__________________
Sorry!!!

Last week I was away, and didn't have any internet... 😔

Anyways,

Much Luv,
Mickey-Kenzie