= 40 =

~*Ta'dei*~

I frown as I keep a close eye on the prince in his unconscious state. Sweat runs down his pained face and onto the pillow beneath his head. His breathing was steady due to the oxygen mask covering his mouth and nose, but I can tell he's still in a lot of pain. Letting out a sigh, I sit down in a nearby chair and run a hand through my hair in frustration. What happened? He seemed perfectly healthy, and his charts show no previous issues with convulsions...

My train of thought is interrupted by a heart monitor racing, and I jump back to the Prince's side. He was shaking wildly, and his breathing was rapid. "Hey, it's going to be alright," I murmur quietly, placing a gloved hand on the unconscious man's forehead. His skin was hot to the touch, even through the glove, but I keep it there as my free hand searches the nearby drawers for a syringe. Thank Notch for giving me the gift of being left-handed.

Gotcha! I let out a small sigh of relief as my fingers wrap around my intended target. Pulling it out of the drawer, I move away from Seto and toward the area I left a series of painkillers. I know the royal family is against using powerful medications, but I'll listen to their complaints later. With that thought in mind, I fill the syringe with a powerful pain reliever and turn my attention back to Seto. This better get rid of the pain you're in. Otherwise, I'm going to be in a whole lot of trouble. And with that thought in mind, I prepare the Prince's arm for the injection.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Once I'm confident that the Prince isn't going to die of a heart attack, I clear the counters of medications and move the phone back to the center. I've called many families about a patient's condition, but the thought of calling one of the Kings makes me nauseous. Vikram is suspicious of Fvendal and I; it's obvious by the way he was acting at the dinner. He wanted me to know he suspected something...

"Where is everyone?" I turn at the sound of the prince's strained voice, forgetting my previous train of thought.

"The room was evacuated when you fell unconscious," I state as the confused man looks around the room. "Zandra is waiting outside the door if you want me to-"

Seto shakes his head slowly. "No. Not yet. Can I take this off?" He touches the oxygen mask with a shaky hand.

"Just to be cautious, I want to keep it on for a little longer. I need to be sure that you won't lose consciousness again." I flash him a reassuring smile before handing him a small notebook and pencil. "It's a lot easier to write than to talk with that mask on." The prince nods and takes the items from my hands. As soon as they are in his hands, he writes a small sentence before showing it to me.

I'm sorry

"For what?" I ask, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "Fainting? It's my job to make sure you're healthy." Seto shakes his head before writing again.

I'm sorry about that night in the capital.

I take a deep breath before looking down at the floor. "I've been waiting to hear those words for almost seven years now." Shaking my head, I look back at the man to see guilt flashing in his eyes. "Thank you, Seto."

Did you keep the baby?

"Yes. I kept him." I pause as I find myself reaching for my wallet to show him a picture. He already knows what Fvendal looks like. "Did you ever tell your parents?" He shakes his head, and I let out a breath of relief.

I don't recall them ever asking.

"That's good." I smile at him before walking toward the door. "I'm going to let Zandra in. She was so worried about your condition I had to ask Simon to drag her out." Seto lets out a snort of amusement and nods, turning to a new page in the notebook he was using.
__________________
A random tip I learned from the Olympian that occasionally lives next door to me that can help (with everything, not just sports): 

If you want to be good at something, write down the steps of said thing (for me it's a technique checklist with my sport) in a notebook and read it every night before bed and after you've dropped your phone for the night.
If you do that, you'll dream of how to do it perfectly. Continue doing that, and you'll become an expert in no time.

Much Luv,
Mickey-Kenzie