192 6 73

+Previously with Ta'dei+

The doctor was interrupted by familiar sounding voice. "If you don't report this issue to the crown, I will pay you 5.8 billion. Right here, right now." My eyes widen with shock, and I look over to see Simon Minter standing in the doorway. His face was unreadable as he pulled a large sum of cash out of his pocket, presenting it to the doctor. "This all will be yours if you just let this issue slide under the rug like nothing ever happened." What is he doing?

~*Ta'dei*~

As nausea grows in my stomach, I cover my mouth with my hand and close my eyes. The idiot just killed the both of us...

"All of that money will be mine if I don't report this woman?" I hear the doctor repeat Simon's words to himself.

"All of it," Simon reassures. His voice was surprisingly calm for the situation we were in.

The doctor mutters to himself before clearing his throat. "Fine. But if the kings discover the kid themselves, I'll report the both of you as criminals." I open my eyes and look up to see the doctor taking the large sum of cash from Simon. He fans through the money as he walks passed Simon and into the hall, closing the door behind him.

"You're insane," I snap, standing up and walking over to the tall man. "You could've gotten us both killed!"

"I would've rather had us both be dead than live knowing a beautiful woman like yourself was killed for being a single mother," Simon says softly before walking over to Fvendal's bed. My face burns with embarrassment from his compliment as I turn and watch him. "This is your son?"

"Yeah." I rub my arm nervously. Why am I nervous? I think to myself before holding my hands behind my back. "His name is Fvendal."

Simon nods as he gazes down at my baby. "I can see you in him."

"You're the first to say that," I murmur to Simon before looking over to the nurse. She was writing something on a clipboard before hanging it on the end of Fvendal's bed. "What did you write?"

"The hospital records needed a father for the boy," the nurse comments, looking back at me. "I put his name down, but I'm also going to need to sample some blood from the two of you."

My eyes widen with surprise. "You want to help?"

"I'm moving to a paediatric facility next month, and I want him to be my first patient," the nurse says with a smile. "I have a gut feeling that he is going to lead us to higher places." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This woman was perfectly willing to break the law to help raise this kid. My kid.

"Thank you," I pause, trying to recall if she ever told me her name.

"Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn Gaualk." The nurse smiles again before walk out the door. "I'll get the needles. You two stay put, Alright?"

~*Sei'eah*~

I sit on my bed and watch as Ayris passes back and forth across my quarters. Her face was red with rage, and her hands were pulling at her curly, blonde hair as she muttered profanities toward the mainland Emperor.

"You've got to be absolutely insane to even think of agreeing to something like this, Sei'eah." Ayris finally snaps, looking at me with narrowed eyes.