# 19 #

~*Seto*~

My attention is directed to Ta'dei and the man beside her; his name was Simon Minter from what I recall. The man held Ta'dei's child in one arm, and had the other arm wrapped around the ginger-haired woman. Is that her baby's father?

"Are you Ta'dei Aceti, ma'am?" the guard to my left asks, stepping forward to greet them.

"Yes," Ta'dei states quickly, "Why do you ask?"

"The Prince wanted to thank you for letting him stay at your residence during his visit, Official. He will be returning home to the capital at dawn tomorrow." I roll my eyes at the guard's statement. I could've thanked her myself...

"It was no problem," Ta'dei says with a smile, bowing her head to me.

"If you don't mind me interrupting," Simon speaks up, turning my attention to him. "Ta'dei and I need to head to the pharmacy for our son's medication." So he is the father after all.

"Go right along," I say with a smile, waving for them to leave. "Don't let me keep you from caring for a sick child." Simon nods to me before he and Ta'dei walk out of the lobby together.

"Strange," the guard to my right murmurs. "I didn't know Simon Minter had a child."

"You know of him?" I ask, turning my attention to the guard.

"Yes. He's the third son of the head of the Minter Corporation; somewhat of a celebrity here in Trunkeet. I would have never guessed he and Ta'dei Aceti were a thing, let alone had a child together." The guard shakes her head. "I guess they're trying to keep things on the down-low until the child is older."

I nod in understanding before turning my attention to the secretary at the desk. "Hello! May I be directed to the orphanage? I would love to meet these children."

"Certainly!" The secretary smiles at me before leaning over her desk and pointing down a hallway to my left. "It's down that hall and to the right. You won't miss it!"

"Thank you, ma'am." I smile to her before heading down the hallway.

~*Ta'dei*~

"I can't believe we did that!" I exclaim as we enter my home, collapsing onto the sofa. Simon lets out a soft chuckle before setting Fvendal down on the ground. The boy had just woken up, and was rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he looked up at Simon in confusion.

"Hey buddy," Simon says softly, crouching down to the boy's height. "How'd you sleep?" Fvendal doesn't respond to Simon, and looks over at me with concern on his face.

"Mama, who dat?"

I let out a little laugh before getting up and taking a seat beside Simon. "Fvenny, this is Simon."

"Simon?" Fvendal asks, looking up at Simon with a suspicious look on his face.

"That's my name," Simon says with a smile. "Can I ask you a question?" My son nods, and Simon continues. "Is it okay if I help your mama take care of you?"

"Like daddy?" The small boy asks, his eyes narrowed with suspicion as he tilts his head.

"Like a dad, yes." Simon's cheeks start to turn a shade of pink. "Is that okay?"

"What mamma tink?" Fvendal asks, looking over at me.

"I think it's okay for mister Simon to help," I answer with a smile. He's really taking this question seriously...

I've brought him to too many of my official meetings...

Fvendal nods before turning his attention back to Simon. "It okay, Simon. You can be dad."

"Really?" Simon asks, pretending to be surprised.

"Yeah!" Fvendal exclaims excitedly, his three-year-old brain feeding off of Simon's excitement. "Your name Dad now."

"My name is Dad now? I'm not Simon anymore?"

"Yeah!"

"You hear that Ta'dei? I'm Dad now," Simon states, winking at me.

"You know very well that I'm not going to be calling you that," I state, narrowing my eyes at him.

Simon laughs before standing up and messing up my hair. "I'll see you two later, alright? I have to head back to work, but I'll check back in when I'm done."

"Stay safe!" I call after him as he starts to close the door behind him. Simon flashes me a smile before closing the door all the way. I feel my face heat up and I cover my face in embarrassment. Why did I say that?!
__________________
Sorry for the late update!
I've been busy.

Much Luv,
Mickey-Kenzie