= 30 =

~*Seto*~

My mind swirls with confusion and worry as I run back to the palace, weaving in and around the rush hour crowds. Has something happened to dad? Great Notch, please don't let that be the case. I'm not ready to be king yet.

When I reach the palace gates, I scale a nearby tree and leap over the quartz walls instead of waiting a half-hour for them to open the entry gates. Guards shout at me as I land in the front gardens, cushioning my landing with a roll before standing up and brushing off my trousers. "Don't be so reckless, my Prince! You could've broken something!" Lady Kendra scolds, storming over to me. Her face red with anger.

I wave her off before walking up to the palace. "You can lecture me about it later!"
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I enter into the throne room in a rush, Preston and Kenworth trailing behind me. The room was almost entirely empty, aside from my parents and a few of their personal guards standing at each of the pillars that held up the tall ceilings; the air felt heavy, and as I looked around, my eyes stopped dead on the small young woman than leaned on a pillar nearby my fathers.

She looked out of place. With her dark hair tangled and matted, and a bruised cinnamon-coloured face looked around with uncertain blue eyes.

"You were faster than I thought you would've been," dad says with a laugh, his brown eyes shining with amusement.

"I was told that this was important, so I ran. The market wasn't too far." I shrug before walking over to my parents and hugging them. "So what's the matter?" I ask, pulling away from them.

"Seto, what is law 365 dash one?" The smaller of my two fathers asks, smiling at me.

I recall the law almost immediately, as it was one of the first they taught me. "Law 365-1, as decreed by Queen Alain Star the 14th in 1008, states that if in time of war, all children born to the royal family after the first born must be sent to live under the protection of a trusted peasantry family."

Dad nods in approval. "365-2 states that all children born after the first and sent to peasantry protection must be kept secret from," He pauses, waiting for me to finish.

"All rival forces, friendly forces, and, in extreme cases, the..." I pause before looking back at the girl. "First born." Now that I'm closer, I can see a resemblance between the girl and my dad. The same raven black hair, cinnamon-skin, and small stature. But instead of having his brown eyes, she had big, ocean-blue orbs that looked akin to my father's.

"Seto, we would like to introduce you to your younger sister, Princess Parah Katherine Alain Craft the first. Second in line to the Minecraftian throne." My father nods to the girl, waving for her to come closer.

Parah's eyes were wide with confusion as she took a hesitant step forward before bowing to me. It was too steep, and she hand her hand positions backwards. An air of awkwardness seems to radiate off of her as she stands to look at me again. I smile to her before bowing properly, holding my hand out to her as a welcome.

As soon as I feel her hand touch mine, I stand up straight and grip it tightly. "I'm just as confused as you are," I speak in a low tone so only the two of us could hear. "Pretend like you expected this to happen; media likes to hack into the security cameras to record instances like these."

Phara's eyes widen with fear. "Record?"

I laugh softly and punch her shoulder lightly. "I'm just messing with you. Our security is too strong for that to happen."

~*Gold Solace*~

I stay perched on a rooftop, keeping an eye on the girl Mr. Prince has been spending time with. She is a people person; always talking and laughing and being nice to others. To be honest, I don't even know how she can be so nice to people who hate her. After all, she has the handsome prince of this kingdom falling head-over-heels for her; who wouldn't hate her after loosing the opportunity to marry such a man as he?

The girl sneaks away from the crowds before heading down a side street. Curiosity gets the better of me, and I follow her from the rooftops; keeping her in my vision the entire time. Well, that was until she took a right on Birch and seemed to almost vanish into thin air. Where did you go? I think to myself, peering over the edge of the building to scan the crowds of people below.

"If you really find me that interesting, you could've just come to talk to me," I jump slightly at the sound of a woman's voice before turning around to see the girl I've been following. Her eyebrow was raised, and her hands were on her hips. "I don't like to be stalked."

"I wasn't stalking you," I state, crossing my arms and leaning against the air-ducting. "I was keeping an eye on you."

"Now why is that?" She asks, tilting her head.

"I was ordered to protect the prince," I state.

"By whom exactly?"

I smirk at that question. "I cannot disclose that information for it will breach the contract, but I will tell you that it was of someone with higher power than you."

She narrows her eyes at me. "I have more clearance than-"

I interrupt her. "I answered two of your questions, so now you'll answer two of mine."

"That's not-"

"My first question is, who are you?"

She bites her lip before letting out an annoyed huff. "I am Lady Zandra of the Minecraftian royal guard. It is my duty to protect the prince from public harm."

"Alright, Lady Zandra, how did you get up here so quickly?"

She huffs and flicks a strand of hair out of her eyes. "That's really not-"

"Answer my question."

"My biological father was a sorcerer, and I inherited a little of his abilities," she snaps. "Are we done here?"

"Not quite," I state, walking over and touching her shoulder. "If you try anything funny, I'll take my man away from you so fast it'll make your head spin."

"Your man?"

"My man."