# 39 #

~*Simon*~

I don't leave Fvendal until I'm sure he's fast asleep in "his" bed. The bed is way too big for his tiny body to be sleeping in alone, but the prince insisted. Letting out a quiet sigh, I kiss the boy's forehead before stepping away and closing the door to his temporary room behind me. A guard waiting at the door nods to me as I walk passed, and the familiar feeling of dread washes over me. Why did the empire target him and Ta'dei?

"Good evening, Mister Minter," a young Guard begins as she stops before me. "Lady Ta'dei wishes to speak with you on an important matter."

I raise an eyebrow in confusion at the young woman. "Then why did she send you to tell me?" The guard's eyes shine with amusement at my words.

"Please come with me, Mister Minter. I'll take you to her." She motions widely with her arms in the direction she came from.

"Who are you again?"

"I am Lady Zandra, Prince Seto's lead Guard." She bows her head to me. "It's an honour to be of service to the most influential celebrity in all of Minecraftia."

"Just call me Simon, Lady Zandra."

"As you wish." She bows her head to me once more. Why is she acting so formally?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
After what seems like hours of Zandra leading me in circles around the whole campsite, talking about food and ice cream, she finally pauses in front of a door with a large medical symbol above it. Of course Ta'dei is in the medical ward. She's a doctor.

Zandra knocks on the door once before it's pulled open, revealing a tired but excited looking Ta'dei. Her fiery hair was messily pulled up into a bun, leaving a lot of stray hairs to hang along the sides of her beautiful face. Even in this state she looks absolutely breathtaking. "Thank you for fetching him, Zandra," Ta'dei says to the other woman with a tired smile before grabbing my wrist and enthusiastically pulling me into the medical ward.

"Woah, what's going on here?" I ask, winking at my wife as she closes the door behind us.

"Get your head out of the gutter, Minter. I have patients around," Ta'dei snaps before pointing at an empty chair. "Take a seat."

"Yes, Ma'am," I state, quickly sitting down in the chair closest to me. My gaze shifts over to the prince who was standing with Zandra and another guard. He had a smile on his face as he watched Ta'dei and I.

"Hands where I can see them." I snap my attention back to Ta'dei, who's standing above me with her arms crossed over her chest in an attempt to make herself look angry, but the excited shine in her eyes breaks the whole act. What is she doing?

"Ta'dei?" I raise my hands into the air in confusion. "What's going on?"

"I'll be asking the questions here, not you." I couldn't help but laugh at that. "Now, Simon, do you know why you're here?" Ta'dei takes a seat on the medical table behind her, leaning forward to keep my gaze. "Keep your hands in the air!" She snaps as I lower my hands slightly.

"I have no idea myself, but I'm sure you do."

Ta'dei smirks. "I might have an answer."

"Will you tell me it?"

"That depends." She pauses and turns to look at Seto and Zandra. "Should I tell him?"

"Let him suffer," Zandra states, stamping a foot into the ground. "He hates seafood."

"What kind of moron hates seafood?" Seto asks with a laugh, looking at me with amusement.

"Offensive," I begin, pointing a finger at the prince before turning my attention back to Ta'dei. "And am I the only one who doesn't know?"

Ta'dei shakes her head. "Nobody but myself and a few nurses actually know."

"Know what?"

"I'm pregnant."

~*Seto*~

As soon as Ta'dei says those words, a loud screeching sound echoes through my skull. What? The sound gets louder, causing sharp pains to shoot though my skull. I grit my teeth and lean against one of the beds for support as the pain starts to get worse. I watch as Zandra rushes toward me, and I feel her grab my shoulder, but I can't hear what she's saying over the screeching in my head.

Sweat cascades down my face and the back of my neck and black dots form in my vision by the time Ta'dei pushes Zandra out of the way.

I barely hear her yell though the screeches. "Seto? Can you hear me? Lay down on the bed if-" That's the last thing I hear before the third wave of shrieks and pain rush over me, and darkness clouds my vision.

+Flashback+

A full moon was covered by thick layer of storm clouds that showered the cobblestone roads beneath my feet. I silently thank Notch for the rain as I pull the hood of my cloak to cover more of my face as I walk closer to the late night crowds of the capital. For as busy as it seems during the day, it's crazy during the nighttime. This is the largest city in Minecraftia after all...

"Seto," I hear a familiar voice quietly hiss from nearby. "Over here!" A smirk grows on my face, and I make my way over to where the voice came from before slipping into the darkness of an alleyway between two unpopular shops.

Even in the dark, her bright orange hair stands out like a candle's flame in the darkest of night. It's always an incredible sight. "Why did you want to see me so suddenly?" I ask, pulling my hood down and letting the rain ruin my once perfectly styled hair.

"I need to tell you something," she murmurs, motioning for me to come closer. I don't waste any time to close the distance between us, wrapping my arms around her small frame and planting a kiss on her head.

"What is it?"

"Please don't be mad. I know we haven't been together for very long, and I-"

I interrupt the girl. "I can never be mad at you, Ta'dei. Tell me what's going on."

"You're not going to like it."

"Just spit it out, Woman!" I snap, narrowing my eyes at her. "I don't have all night."

Ta'dei's green eyes water momentarily before she clears her throat. "R-right. Sorry. I'm pregnant, Seto."

The news hits me like a brick, and I don't think before responding. "Are you sure that it's mine?"

Ta'dei's eyes change from worry to anger, and she pushes me away from her. "Excuse me?"

"Have you slept with anyone else in the last few months?" I ask, tilting my head and crossing my arms.

"No! Seto, why are you asking this? I love you! I wouldn't ever think of-" I let out a string of curses before pulling at my hair. Of course she wouldn't. She's Ta'dei. Of all the girls, why her?

"Leave," I finally state once I gain my cool.

"What?" Ta'dei's eyes widen with confusion.

"Leave this city, and move to the island nation or something. You'll fit in nicely there." I reach into my pocket and pull out a large sum of cash. "My fathers cannot know anything about our relationship, or this kid. Got that?"

"Seto, what are you saying?" Ta'dei's confusion grows as I hand her the money.

"I don't know you, and you definitely don't know me," I state, backing away from her and pulling the hood over my face.

"But-"

"Goodbye, Ta'dei. I wish you good luck with the rest of your life." And with that, I walk back into the bustling, nighttime crowds of the capital.