# 29 #

~*Ta'dei*~

I cross my arms as I look at the television in front of me. The first headline on the newscast was about the royal family.

Prince Seto Donates 9.5 Million to the Trunkeet Children's Hospital and Orphanage

I couldn't help but let out a snort of annoyance. It's been three months since he was last in Trunkeet, and he's donating now? What kind of bet did he lose?

"Lady Aceti!" A shout from nearby jerks my attention away from the television and to a man who was shoving a microphone in my face. "As the official head of medicine here in Trunkeet, what do you have to say about the Prince's sudden decision to donate so much money to one of your hospitals?" Why did Brenda have to retire so early?

I my gaze drifts over the man's shoulder, and I see the large television camera. They're recording this live. "I'm thankful for the donation, and greatly surprised by his generosity," I begin, "My team and I are starting to plan our thanks for his contribution."

"Will this plan involve the Minter Cooperation?" The man asks into the microphone before shoving it back into my face. That has to relevance in this issue. He's testing me.

"I will not make any comments of our plans at this time," I state calmly, smiling to the camera. "Now if you'll please excuse me, I need to pick up my son. Have a wonderful, and safe day!" I wave to the camera and shake the man's hand before walking away. Fortunately, they don't pursue me as I retreat.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Daddy!" Fvendal exclaims excitedly, running into Simon's arms as I close the front door of our home.

"How's my little buddy doing?" Simon asks as the little boy jumps up and down in excitement.

"Tomorrow is my birthday!" Fvendal exclaims. "I'm turning five!"

I let out a small laugh at that. "No you're turning four, Mister." I state, ruffling the little boy's brown hair with a smile. "I don't want you growing up faster than you need to."

"I'm gonna be a solider when I'm a grownup!" Fvendal states. "I'm going to beat up all the bad guys!"

"You're going to have to grow big and strong to beat-up the bad guys." Simon states.

I finish off where he stops. "And to grow big and strong, you need to take your medicine and sleep during nap-time."

"But nap-time is boring!" Fvendal exclaims.

"No 'buts,' Fvendal. Dad grew tall because he took his medicine and naps when he was your age," I point at Simon, who nods in confirmation. The Minter family is infamous for being tall, but it's only due to having Island Native ancestors (according to Simon).

The boy looks between Simon and I before letting out a huff of defeat. "Fine."

~*Sai'eah*~

I let out a sigh as I stare out at the ocean ahead of me. Eventually, I'll be living far away from this tropical paradise my father fought so hard to protect. The same paradise I'm protecting.

"My queen," I turn my attention to the guard standing behind me. "The Island council meeting should start soon. Chief Noct'aluca of Crokyl is becoming impatient." Once a month the royal family meets with the four chiefs of the islands to discuss the future of our islands.

Noct'aluca is the stuck-up leader of Crokyl, the second largest of my four islands. He believes that because his Island is the second largest he deserves more rights than the others. But before I can give the islands these rights, Noct'aluca needs to take care of the crime issues that taints his island's credibility.

"He's always impatient," I mutter to myself. "Chief Laya'layach is much more pleasant." I shake my head as I think of the soft-spoken leader of Wiz. "Tell the leaders that I will be there momentarily."

"Yes, my queen." He bows his head to me before retreating into the brush. I let out a small sigh before closing my eyes, bowing my head to the ocean. Please don't let this meeting end with difficulty for my people.

I don't know if would be able to live with that reality...

~*Seto*~

I smile at Zandra as she hands a lot of money to a struggling family. She didn't even hesitate to do so; she just gave away the money with a kind smile and a pat on the shoulder. Over the last few months, Zandra and I have become good friends. I've learned that she's a lot like Preston, with her competitiveness and athletic prowess, but she also has the selflessness and tranquility that Rob possesses. She's just like any other Minecraftian woman, but I can't figure out why I'm so fascinated by her.

"My Prince," I turn my attention from the beautiful guard and to the man who called for me.

"Yeah?"

"The kings have called for you to speak with them in the throne room."

A wave of confusion and worry washes over me. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know exactly," the guard states quickly, noting my worry. "But they said your attendance was important."

"Of course," I nod my head to the guard before looking over at Zandra. "Zandra, I'm needed back at the palace. I'll hang out with you later, alright?"

The small woman looks over at me from her conversation with another guard and nods. "Stay safe. I don't want to have to come running after you."

"I will."