' 17 '

~*Seto*~

Looking at the smirking assassin before me, I couldn't help but immediately regret my decision. Why did I agree to this?

"Just," I pause, taking in a deep breath. "One kiss."

"You're acting as if you've never kissed anyone before," the assassin teases, tilting his head. His gaze wasn't directly on me though; it was somewhere beyond my shoulder, as if he was watching something.

"Is there something behind me?" I ask, turning to look over my shoulder. But as I did so, hands cup my face and a pair of lips press against mine. Shock runs through me as the assassin did this, and it took me a moment to kiss back; only for a moment though. The kiss was lasted a few seconds, but it was also a few seconds too long. I finally manage to pull myself away from him, and desperately try to wipe the feeling of his lips off with the fabric of my shirtsleeve. Never doing that again. I think to myself, shaking my head. How can they handle it?
(His parents ^^)

"Am I really that bad?" He teases, chucking lightly at my reaction as he puts his mask back on.

"Never do that again," I snap, flashing a glare in his direction.

"No promises!" The assassin snaps his fingers at me before laughing.

"Now, where's the book?" I ask, raising my sword to the man once more.

The assassin raises his hands in the air. "I gave it away."

"To who?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at him. I swear this man is trying to get me to attack him.

"The orphanage branch of the children's hospital." I close my eyes and let out a sigh, sheathing the sword. Of course it's with the orphans. Taking a deep breath, I turn and walk away.

"Where do you think you're going?" The assassin calls as I walk away.

"I'm going to pay a visit to the orphans," I yell back, not turning to look at him. "Like a good Prince should." I mumble the last part to myself, pulling the hood of my coat over my head and escaping presence of the assassin. I'm not going to get this taste out of my mouth for a while...

~*Robert*~

I wipe beads of sweat off my forehead before standing up and admiring my work. This rose bush is my pride and joy. The roses were still in full bloom, even in the mid-summer heat. Their delicate, white petals made a strong contrast to the dark-green leaves and brown stems. Unlike many of the other flowers, it stood in unison within its own part of the garden. It was too beautiful to be planted amongst the rest of the flowers.

Closing my eyes, I hold my head up toward the sky and breathe in the sweet, summer air with a smile. I've always been one to love nature. Even as a child back in Trunkeet, the meadow was my favourite place to play; even if my father hated it.

+Flashback+

"Remember Robby," my father's voice was like a quiet echo in the back of my mind as I hummed softly to myself, watching my mother teach my sister Rebeca how to weave a flower crown. "One day I'm not going to be here, and you're going to need to take up my position as official."

I let out a huff before looking up at him from where I was seated. "Do I really have to?"

"Rob," my father takes a knee in front of me, wrinkling his finely pressed suit. "You're a Woofless. It's a Woofless' job to protect this city. Our family has been doing this for centuries now."

"What if I don't want to protect the city?" I state, crossing my hands over my chest. "What if I wanna be a gardener like Mama?"

"Rob, I'm being serious. You're next in line to inherit my title." My father narrows his eyes at me.

"I'm being serious too!" I narrow my eyes at him, standing up so we were looking each other in the eyes. "Beca can take up being the official. I want to be a gardener!"

"Gardening gets you nowhere in life, Robert!" My father yells, his eyes blazing. "Why won't you get that in your head?"

Before I could respond, my mother speaks up. "Joseph, lets go inside. I would like to speak with you privately," she states, setting down the flower crown she was nearly finished with.

+Reality+

My train of thought is interrupted by the sound of someone's footsteps coming up behind me. Before I could react properly, a pair of arms snake around my waist and pull me into a strong embrace. "I thought you would be out here," an all too familiar voice mumbles into my shoulder.

"Hi Preston," I murmur with a small laugh, turning around to see my husband.

"Hiya Robby!" he says cheerfully, pecking me on the lips. "Did you miss me?"

"Miss you?" I raise an eyebrow and cross my arms over my chest. "I didn't miss you because I was too busy worrying about if you were going to come home or not!"

"I was fine!" Preston exclaims, placing a hand on my shoulder. "If anything, you should've been worrying about the kid."

"Is he ok?" I ask, my eyes widening with worry.

"He's fine," Preston says with a laugh. "Still has stubborn as always."

"Sounds like someone else I know," I mutter, raising an eyebrow at him once more.

"Really? Who?" Preston teases, looking around dramatically. "Have you been flirting with other guys while I was away?"

"Gosh darn, you caught me!" I joke, throwing my hands in the air.

"I knew it!" Preston points at me and lets out a victorious laugh. "Preston 57, Rob-a-dob-flob 167" (We've been keeping track of how many times we've jokingly accused each other of something.).

"You're starting to catch up, aren't you?" I ask with a small laugh.

"Hey! I'm trying ok? It's hard to come up with these things!"

"Whatever you say, Preston. Whatever you say."
_____________________
I nearly forgot today was Friday... 😅

Welp, that's what I get for competing in a competition yesterday...

Anyways,

Much Luv,
Mickey-Kenzie