92 12 31

~*Simon*~

"This is it!" Ta'dei exclaims, pulling at her fiery-orange hair as she paces back and forth in the apartment. "This is my death. I knew I should've just-"

I interrupt the frantic woman by placing a hand on her shoulder. "It's going to be alright, Ta'dei. The kings would never think about killing you."

"How do you know that for sure, Simon?" She turns to look at me; tears were brimming in her green eyes. "They already know that I discovered that potion they used on Seto, and now they're going to find out I've been breaking their laws for the last six years! You'll probably be granted immunity if you say you were unaware that Fvendal wasn't yours, but they'll-"

"If the kings give you a death sentence, which the probably wont, Seto will pardon you for saving his life, my mother's life, and so many others. He might be a prince, but he's not a monster."

"That's if he's not placed on trial as well!" Ta'dei's eyes widen with fear. "Fvendal! What will they do when they do to him? My Notch, he's only six! He doesn't know any better!"

I let out a soft sigh before pulling my wife into a hug, wrapping my arms around her shoulders. "You need to calm down, Ta'dei. Everything is going to be alright. I promise." Ta'dei nods, and I move my hands down to her stomach. She looks exactly like she did  when we first met: heavily pregnant. The only difference is that these babies are mine, and not some other man's. "I'm excited to meet them," I murmur quietly, gently rubbing my hand on her stomach.

"Any day now," Ta'dei says softly, resting her hands on mine. "Are you ready?"

Admittedly, no. I've never taken care of a newborn, let alone two at one time, but the excitement and nerves bubbling in my stomach make me unable to answer her question right away. "You're already so experienced with babies," I say with a smile. "I don't think I'll be able to be as good of a parent as you are."

"You're already a great father, Simon. These little ones will love you just as much as Fvendal does." My smile grows from her words, and I turn my attention back to her face. She was smiling back at me, but I can still see the fear of our current situation in her eyes. I won't let anything bad happen to you.

~*Seto*~

I clench my fists as I watch Preston lead Pete and Ta'dei's son toward the medical ward of the palace. Anger boils in my veins as they pass, but the two older adults take no notice of me as they pass. Only the boy looks at me; his brown hair was as messy as any other child's his age, but his blue eyes shine with a maturity I've never seen before. The more I look at him, the more I realise he truly does look like me. No wonder Dad had suspicions at the dinner party...

"He looks just like you did when you were that age." The head gardener's voice echoes from somewhere behind me. "Excuse my inquiry, but he looks more like a future king than you did." 

"How so?" I ask, turning around to see the older man standing a little ways behind me.

"He looks wise and determined, but also cautious of these new surroundings; you were just as oblivious to your situation as you are now." Rob lets out a sigh before placing a hand on my shoulder. "Let's go for a walk, Seto. We need to have a little chat like we used to."

"A little chat?" I question as the older man leads me toward the palace garden.

Rob nods. "You used to ask me for advice all the time. Now you've gotten older, I've been missing our chats."

"Rob, why are you acting like this?" I pause my walking, and Rob takes a few steps forward before stopping as well. "What's on your mind?"

"If that boy is proven to be your biological son, you, his mother, and the boy will all be sentenced to a public trial and execution. The trial will make a mockery out of the palace, and the Minter family. No one will ever take the Minecraftian royal family serious again." Rob turns to me. "You understand this right? These are the consequences of your actions, and you need to figure out a way to fix this. Your fathers and I can't cover for you any longer." I nod, closing my eyes to internalise his words. These are the consequences of your actions.

"Thank you, Rob. I'll figure something out."

Rob flashes me a sad smile. "I care about you, Kid. You're like the son I never had. I'd hate to see you gone."

"I won't be going anywhere, Robert. Not anytime soon at least."

"I hope so. Because if you die before me, I'll give up my Minecraftian citizenship and move to the Island Nation."

"Why?"

"I won't be able to forgive myself for letting you go do all those things back then."
__________________
Sorry for the late update. School started up again, and I'm helping one of my siblings move to university.

Much Luv, Mickey-Kenzie