• 24 •

~*Lachlan*~

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Espérer Palace. As today is my son's twentieth birthday, it is my great honour to see you all attend this ceremonial duel," Vik's voice carries through the air beautifully as he speaks to the crowds of people who gathered to watch Seto's fight. There were hundreds, if not thousands, of people listening to him speak, and yet he isn't even breaking a sweat. It's one of the millions of reasons why I love him; his courage is unquestionable.

A chorus of cheers breaks me from my train of thought, and I look over to see Vik looking at me with amusement in his eyes. Did he just introduce me?

"It's your turn to speak," Preston quickly whispers into my ear. My face heats up with embarrassment and I quickly thank him before standing up beside my husband. I've never been good at public speaking.

The people have a quick laugh at my embarrassment before quieting down to let me speak. "Thank you all for coming here today," I say into the microphone before me, reciting the script Vik made me memorize. "To see this many of you here is really an amazement." I pause as people start to cheer, and I look over at Vik. He nods to me in reassurance, and I smile. "Now for a show of hands," I start to go off script. "How many of you gathered here today are from the capital?" A large number of people, including Vik, near the front of the crowd raises their hands, cheering loudly.

"What about across the river in Domien?" Vik asks, catching on to what I was going at. Many people, including myself, raise their hands and Vik looks at me teasingly. "You don't count."

"No mater where you're from, or how far you've travelled to get here," I begin again, looking back out to the crowds of people. "You've all come here today for the same reason. What is that reason?" I pause before returning to the script. "The reason we're all gathered here today is to celebrate my son coming to age of receiving the throne." The crowd starts to cheer again, and I feel a pride filled smile grow on my face. "And now, I am happy to invite my son-" I'm interrupted by the crowd erupting with laugher. 

Confused, I look over to see my son standing behind Preston. He looked regal in a brand-new, white suit and freshly polished shoes; his face was stoic, and one of his hands was holding onto the sword at his side. But as I look over to Preston, I see where the laugher was coming from. Seto was holding his free hand behind Preston's head and sticking up two fingers to make it appear like Preston had rabbit ears.

I chuckle at the sight myself before turning my attention back to the crowd and continuing my speech. "I would like to invite my son, Seto Leon Craft the first, to speak. Seto?" I turn to look at my son once more, stepping away from the microphone in the process.

Seto doesn't waste any time to take my place at the microphone, winking at the crowd as he does so. A large number of young women scream as he does so, and I shake my head in amusement. "Greetings people of Minecraftia," Seto begins, holding both of his hands out in greeting. "It's great to see you all tonight. You still have your invitations to my party, right? I need to prove to my dad that I have friends." I couldn't help but feel a surge of pride as he makes the crowd laugh. He's a natural at public speaking; just like Vik.

"While we're on the topic of birthdays, I also want to wish happy birthday to everyone else born on this day. I know you're out there!" He points at the television camera recording his speech before continuing. "I know none of you are here to watch me talk about my birthday, so I'll make this quick. I am here to prove my right to the crown, and I will not back down to any man, woman, or child who disagrees." I smile as the crowd cheers in approval. He's taking a more humour filled approach to the speech. He isn't trying to relate to the older generations; that's Vik and I's job. He's trying to relate to the much larger and younger generations who will be under his reign longer. I always knew he was intelligent.

"You won't back down you say?" A heavily accented voice booms over the speakers. An Imperial accent to be precise. I turn to look at Preston, who had drawn his sword.

"That is right," Seto states, drawing his sword and looking over my shoulder. My eyes widen in shock, and I turn around to see Emperor Wojcik and a group of Imperial soldiers standing behind me. Instictively, I move to protect Vik and force him to stand behind me. How did they get in here?

"Then I, Emperor Wojcik Northridge, challenge you, Prince Seto to a duel for the crown of Minecraftia." The emperor's green eyes glow as he looks at my son, a smirk present on his face.

I look back to my son to see he is unphased by the Emperor, meeting the man's glowing green gaze with his ice blue one. "I accept your challenge, Wojcik."