Chapter 7

When we got back to the house, Aaron was there with Beatrice and Mindy. They were having lunch while Beatrice cleaned up the counter.
"Oh, Beatrice. I'm sorry we were late, we went for a quick look around." I apologized.
"Oh, that's alright. He was an angel and Mindy was begging to stay here a little while with him." She smiled. I nodded, relieved.
"We saw Denaudie today, Bee." Mason said.
Beatrice nodded sadly. My eyebrows furrowed.
"I'm so worried for her, alpha. I don't want to lose my daughter. She's only 17. I never see her anymore even though we are in the same pack. She hardly knows her little sister. Lucas is so worried." She said sadly.
My heart went out to her. If Aaron or any of my future children were in that perdicament, I have no idea what I would do.
"I'm so sorry, Beatrice. She is a beautiful young woman." I said.
She smiled sadly and a tear fell down her left cheek. She wiped it.
"Thank you." She said.
I held my arms out for a hug and she took the offer gratefully.
"Momma?" Mindy and Aaron said together.
"Yes?" Both Beatrice and I answered.
"Can Aaron spend the night?" She asked excitedly.
"Not tonight, sweetie. I'm sure they want to get settled in here first."
I was grateful that Beatrice understood. They left shortly after that.
"Have a good night, Beatrice." I told her.
"Just Bee is okay. Thank you, Luna." She said.
She held Mindy's hand as they walked to the pack house through the woods and across the meadow. I walked to the kitchen to see Mason searching through the fridge, Aaron eating pudding.
"Are you feeding him junk food again?" I sighed.
Mason chuckled.
"Well can you cook because I can't." He said from behind the fridge.
"I'm a little rusty but as a matter of fact, I can cook." I said.
He shut the fridge and looked at me excitedly. Aaron looked between the two of us curiously.
"Well have at it. I was thinking some sort of pasta." He grinned.
"Spaghetti?" I asked.
Aaron nodded fast and Mason shrugged.
"Sure." He said.
"Alright." I said and got to work.
An hour and half later, Mason was gobbling down spaghetti and I couldn't believe it when Aaron was eating almost as much and almost as fast. Good thing the one serving I had was all I could eat because the two of them ate it all by the time I had finished.
"Ugh that was delicous." Mason said, rubbing his toned stomach.
Aaron agreed. Mason had a face that clearly said he was stuffed. Then he suddenly perked up.
"Well time for ice cream." He declared.
My jaw must have dropped to the floor. I forgot how much a male wolf can actually eat. Aaron became excited.
"Yes yes yes!" He squealed.
"No no no. You had pudding before dinner. A bowl of pudding. It's almost bed time and we still have to cut your hair." I told him.
He whined and I gave him a pointed look. He huffed. Mason put the ice cream back and sat across from Aaron.
"Hey. You can't have ice cream, I won't have ice cream. And I'll sit with you while you get your hair cut. How's that?" He asks.
Aaron thinks on it for a moment and then nods.
"Okay." He agrees.
We all head to mine and Aaron's room. Aaron sits in the chair in the middle of the room while Mason sits on the bed. I go to retrieve the thingies to cut his hair. (Can't remember what they're called)
"Are you my Mommy's boyfriend?" Aaron asks.
Usually Aaron's age of wolves are not educated on mates. Why? Well because they get mad that they can't have one and they don't really understand why they have to wait a certain age.
Mason looks at me like a deer in headlights that doesn't know wether to cross the rest of the road or go back the way he came.
"Yes, he is Mommy's boyfriend." I told him.
He nodded.
"Then why don't you share a room?" He asked.
"What do you mean?" I asked him.
"Well, it's just that Mindy's mommy shares a room with Mindy's daddy. So why don't you share a room with him?" He asked me.
I was a little taken aback but shook it off.
"Well because I thought you would want me in here with you." I responded.
"Well I see you in the day time. I don't see you in the night time because im sleeping when my eyes are closed." He said.
"Is this your way of telling me you want your own room?" I asked him.
He hummed, pretending to think it over.
"I mean, I guess so." He said.
I laughed but it broke my heart a little. But if he wanted to try it, I didn't see any harm, everyone here seemed nice and accepted him. And everyone in this pack house were nice to him this morning.
"Okay. You can have your own room. But if you get scared, just tell me." I told him.
I started cutting his hair and luckily, he loved the outcome.
"Okay. Now bath and bed." I said.
I drew a bath and he got in, playing with his toys as I washed his hair and he washed his body.
"Hey, I'm gonna go get in bed. I'll see you in a bit, okay?" Mason said.
"Okay." I replied.
I wrapped Aaron in a towel and put him in pjs. I tucked him in and kissed his forehead. I shut the light off and closed the door. I stayed for a couple minutes outside the door to make sure he didn't need me and walked down the hall. I entered Mason's room and was met by his back. His bare back. I smiled at him when he saw me. I closed the door and gave him a kiss.
I asked for a shirt of his to wear to bed and he tossed me a blue one. I changed in his bathroom and the shirt fell to my thigh. I shrugged and braided my hair, grabbing a rubber band and tied the bottom. I turned the light off in the bathroom and climbed into bed with Mason. He gave me another kiss that lasted a while. I stopped it before it could go any further and snuggled against him, putting my leg over his waist.
He rubbed my back soothingly and I started to fall asleep. Then the sound of giggling girls made me open my eyes again. I lifted my head and looked at Mason. He did not look impressed.
"Lucinda." He growled.
I laid back down and rubbed his chest and fell asleep shortly after Mason started snoring.

#####
Aaron at top.