Chapter 10

I bathed Aaron and he wanted to go play with Mindy and a few other pack children he had befriended. I looked to Mason and he shrugged, nodding. I packed him a small backpack with an extra pair of clothes in case he somehow ruined his and sent him with the pack moms.
    Mason took my hand and spun me around slowly.
    "What do you say we finish out tour around the territory?" He quizzed.
    I smiled and nodded my head. I gave him kiss before we headed out. We got back later and I decided I wanted to go for a run with my wolf. She was howling and giving me a giant headache.
"I'm going to go out for a run. I'll be back soon." I informed Mason.
I kissed his cheek and turned to walk outside but he pulled me back by my hips.
"I should go with you." He said, swiping my hair away to kiss my neck.
"Why? Don't trust your noble warriors around the land?" I joked.
"Yes but with you I need to be sure." He sighed, nuzzling my neck.
My wolf purred, enjoying the affection he was giving us.
"Alright." I sighed happily.
We went outside and I was about to go behind a tree to take my clothes off but decided against it as a smirk came to my face. I grabbed the top of my jean shorts and pulled them down slowly. Mason must have turned around because I could hear his sexy growl. My shorts feel to my ankles, revealing my bright blue panties. I walked to go take the rest of my clothes off behind the tree, knowing my generous sized butt shook as I walked. A dangerous growl came from my mate. It made the hairs on my neck stand in the best way. I shifted behind the tree.
I slowly came from behind the tree and Mason's wolf waited for us. My wolf made me howl and whine in the sexiest way a wolf could and Mason's wolf responded by nipping at my jawline. I took back control and playfully nudged him with my rear end. Then I took off.
    We ran and ran, having the best time until I collided with something big and hard when I was looking behind me. I lifted myself up off the ground to see an unfamiliar wolf. It huffed and cowered when Mason snarled. It was only a teenager, if that. Mason towered over the poor thing's frame. I imagined if that were Aaron as a rogue in his teen years and stood between the two. I pushed Mason back and he protested by pushing back at me. I pushed more with the side of my body and he snarled, frustrated. I growled.
    I barked at the teen and they stood quickly.
    'Thank goddess.' A female's voice said in my head.
    I stopped paying attention to Mason and looked at the retreating wolf in shock. How did I hear her in my head? You can't just hear random wolves in your head.
    'Stay here. Do not come after us or you will regret it.' I warned Mason. 
    He roared in fury at how I spoke to him.
    'Don't!! Mason I swear. Stay here.' I warned again.
    I darted after the mysterious white wolf, hearing Mason howl behind me. The white wolf noticed me and started to run faster.
    'Stop! I won't hurt you! I know you can hear me!' I shouted to her in our minds.
    The wolf came to a dead stop to the point that I skidded past her by accident. I backed up, panting, so I could face her.
    'Is that alpha with you? How are you talking to me? I don't want any trouble.' She rambled.
    'No no I made him stay behind. He may come after me and I don't know. What is your name?' I quizzed.
    'Iris. I'm sorry I trespassed. I'm just so hungry and I was tracking a deer. I've never had so much trouble finding food before. I'm sorry.' She pleaded, whimpering.
    'Iris? Iris. IRIS!' I shouted in glee.
    The large wolf stepped back, her beautiful green eyes looking at me in confusion. I shifted, not caring that I was not clothed. The wolf quickly shifted. Her face had a look of shock and happiness. Not caring if we were completely nude, we hugged immediately. Howling got closer as we cried on each other's shoulders.
    I lifted my head to see Mason and two others standing behind him. He moved to lunge at her small figure. I moved in front of her in protection and glared at Mason until he stood straight again. We shifted back and the three got back into defensive stance.
    'Stay back! She is no threat!' I demanded.
    We walked past them and they followed behind us back the way we came, me making sure to keep a sharp eye on the situation. No one was hurting this wolf. No one.
******************
Oooohhh guys who do you think she is??? Next chapter coming sometime. ❤️