Chapter 11

I sat with Iris on the couch as she slept, leaning against me. Mason watched her with a skeptical eye and his arms crossed. Warriors were all around the borders and I hoped she was the only one so any others wouldn't be hurt if they crossed the border.
    "Are you going to tell me who this is now?" Mason quizzed.
    I squinted my eyes at his tone but continued stroking the teen's hair away from her face.
    "I need you to call Mindy's mother and have her bring Aaron here straight away please." I told him.
    "So I don't even get to know who this rogue is to you or why she is in my home, on my land." He snarled.
    My hard gaze met his own and I growled.
    "You make me doubt that you can share with your future Luna. Go call Mindy's mother."
    "Do not order me, London." He growled.
    "Do not make me do it myself." I raged.
    He said nothing after that and with one final huff stalked to the kitchen to make the call. I turned my attention back to Iris and I sighed. I laid my head on here and took a breath of her familiar scent. Silent tears ran down my face at the lovely smell. It brought back memories of perfect times, well not perfect, but close to it.
*Flashback*
I peered over the crib in the pack living room at the crying baby. She was so cute and had such bright blue eyes. They looked like crystals. My four year old mind thought that they might actually have been crystals. She cried louder, not even noticing me and my little face scrunched in confusion. I touched her belly and she looked startled. I raised my eyebrows at her and she sniffles, her chin wobbling. I had never really had an interaction with a baby. What do I say to her?
"Hi. What's the matter?" I asked her.
She didn't respond and began crying again. Uh oh. Did I hurt her feelings?? I saw a full bottle down by her feet and I decided to try that. I put it up to her mouth and her lips opened up to take the bottle. I smiled, proud of myself. She continued to look at me and I her. She looked just like her mommy. People say I look like my daddy.
"Thank you for taking care of her for me, London." A voice said.
I turned around to see the Luna smiling warmly. She had just woken up from a nap it looked like. I wanted a nap; I yawned. She chuckled and picked me up. I lay my head on her shoulder as she carried me out of her baby's room. She closed the door gently and brought me to the kitchen where my Mommy was.
"Hello, Luna. Did our little London get into mischief again?" She chuckled, taking me into her arms gently.
I immediately snuggled into her chest.
"On the contrary. She is a natural with Iris." The Luna smiled.
"Is that so?" The alpha asked, kissing Luna on her cheek.
I couldn't listen anymore and I fell asleep on my Mommy's chest.
*Flashback over*
It was a memory that most people would think was a little more than meaningless. But I never realized how important it really was until I had lost everyone in the memory. Or so I thought..
I hated some of my werewolf abilities sometimes. Like being able to remember things from the time I was three. Sometimes the memories were so small but so painful now that everyone I had was gone except for two. My heart felt like it sank as I gently squeezed Iris against me.
"London," Mason called softly.
"Momma," I heard another voice.
I discreetly wipes my tears and turned to face the two. Aaron was holding tightly to Mason's hand. Aaron was the only boy that the Luna and Alpha ever had. He was suppose to have been born first but the moon goddess just didn't make it so. Iris was a rarity.
"Come here, Aaron." I said gently.
    He walked to me and looked curiously at the girl sleeping peacefully against my chest. I couldn't tell if he remembered her because his abilities are not as sharp as an older werewolf. I nudged Iris and her eyes slowly fluttered open. She lifted her head from my chest, her eyes locked on Aaron. His eyes were squinted in confusion, staring at her.
"Bubby?" She quizzed.
Aaron seemed to recognize the name and his eyes lit up.
"Bubble..?" He muttered, probably afraid it may not be her.
She began to cry, nodding her head at a fast rate. Aaron jumped into her arms; Iris squeezed him tightly. Iris cried and Aaron's little eyes were closed tight, glad to see his sister again.
She turned to me, not moving Aaron away from leaning on her chest.
"How did you find him? When did you find him? Was he hurt? Does he miss them? Did he-" I stopped her rant.
"Just enjoy being with your brother for right now." I patted her shoulder.
She smiled gratefully and kissed the top of his head. It was then that I remembered Mason had been in the room the whole time. I looked up at my mate to see him watching the interaction with softer eyes than before. He met my eyes and one side of his lips turned up in a lazy expression of some emotion. I gave him a small smile back and leaned back against the couch, the hole in my chest feeling at least a little smaller.
"I'll make everyone some lunch. How's that?"
Everyone nodded their head except Mason who was still analyzing the siblings on the living room floor. Iris caught Mason's seemingly judgmental eye and she swallowed hard. I stroked her hair gently and she looked at me nervously. I gave her a smile and looked at Mason with a look. He exited the room slowly. Iris looked at me with an astonished look. I got up to begin making lunch four the four of us. That felt nice to think. The four of us. I smiled.