Chapter 17

I had tried and tried to get out of the restraints to no avail. It had been two more days . Iris was still passed out. I had woken her to eat a while ago but I was getting worried. The door opened and I squinted as the light came in. The door slammed and I was hoisted up by two big guys. They undid my chains to put different ones on and my strength came back about halfway in that short time. I punched the guy on my left and stomped on the foot of the guy to my right. I ran for Iris and was grabbed again. I kicked him in the stomach hard enough that it sent him flying back into the stone wall of the room. I heard some stones fall to the cement floor.
I got my hands on the chains holding Iris and it stung but I got one undone. My arms were grabbed and I growled, bashing the back of my head into the person's nose. He groaned and let go and I heard him fall to the floor. I broke the other one off of Iris's wrist and she still wasn't responding to me shaking her. I heard shuffling behind me and stood up, turning around to face the two demons. They growled and I saw them start to change into their true forms. It was dark in the cellar except for red lights in a couple places. I saw the door and knew that it had light on the other side. If demons try to change in the sunlight, they turn to dust.
I picked Iris up off the floor and ran for the door with her in my arms. I kicked the door and luckily it came open quickly. Sunlight from outside the door flooded in and the two demons screamed and then silence fell. I took a deep breath and looked down at Iris. She still wasn't waking up or responding. I was beginning to get worried, she should have at least been groaning or mumbling in a distorted state.
I stepped into a run down shack with holes in the roof and no doors. It was nothing but a wood floor with a broken down staircase held up by the metal cellar door under it. I took a deep breath and shook Iris. Nothing. I walked toward the north side of the shack and picked up on an unfamiliar scent. My nose scrunched in frustration. I looked down at Iris warily, not wanting to put her down but knowing I would not be able to fight while holding her. I set her down gently behind me and shifted, the source of the scent getting closer.
     A small wolf came out of the woods and I growled loudly. The wolf must have been young because it faltered in its steps. It composed itself and stood tall.
     'Who are you?' I growled.
     I probably looked like nothing more than a rogue with my skinny appearance and now rough coat. I was not well cared but I would not go down without a fight.
     'Michael.' He answered, standing even prouder.
     He dared take steps closer and I snapped my teeth.
     'Back away from me and my pup!' I warned.
     My heart broke at the sentence, remembering Aaron. I missed him.
     The young wolf looked behind me and his eyes widened. He tried to get a better look at Iris but I blocked his view every time.
      His pupils were dilating back and forth so I knew he was talking to someone. I got ready to turn and pick Iris up to run but then the best scent hit my nostrils. His scent. My wolf began going crazy.
      'MASON!' I screamed in happiness but couldn't move from Iris.
      Mason's wolf got to the edge of the forest and stopped but the warriors kept running at me. Many of them stopped once they saw me but one did not. I roared at him at the same time as Mason, knowing by his size and my weakened state, he could have killed me. He stopped in his tracks and finally looked up. He bowed in submission. Even though I was not officially a Luna yet, the fact that my mate was an alpha that I mates to, many of my abilities are far more advanced. I looked back up at Mason and he began walking toward me.
'London.' He sighed happily and his much larger neck wrapped around my small one, giving me a wolf hug. I wished I could shift and hug him in human form but I knew he would not appreciate me being naked in front of other males.
'Are you hurt?' He asked.
'No, but Iris won't make a sound. We were in silver chains for however long we were gone. I'm worried Mason.' I whimpered.
'Alex, Amon, take my pup and bring her to the pack hospital. Quickly, now!' Mason ordered.
I shifted to human form, only thinking of Iris now, and picked her up to put on the warrior's back. Mason growled in warning for the warriors to keep their eyes on the ground. They did just that.
     I kissed her head and made sure she would stay on Alex's back. The two took off while everyone faced away from us waiting for their next order.
     "Is there anyone here?" Mason asked, now in human form.
     "No, I don't think so unless they're in the woods. I doubt they will be any trouble out here. They're demons." I told him.
      He stayed silent for a moment and looked at me thoughtfully.
      "The same two came in every time. I never smelled any other demons or anyone else in general." I told him.
       He nodded.
      "Everyone go back to the pack except for Chris and Michelle. The two of you wait in the trees for us." Mason ordered.
      Within seconds we were left alone. He took a deep breath and stroked my cheek. He looked me over and saw my smaller stomach and the dirt caked on my skin. Anger washed over his features and I couldn't stop myself from wrapping my arms around him in a tight hug. Tears pricked at my eyes and I snuggled as he rubbed my back.
      "I was afraid I would never see you again.." I whispered to him.
     His arms tightened around me and I finally felt safe again.
      "Nothing will ever happen to you. I will always find you. I swear it." He promised.
      I heard a click from behind Mason and we separated. We turned to the woods and saw a man with bright red eyes holding a gun that no doubt had silver in it.
     "What a lovely moment." He sneered.
     Mason stood in front of me and he chuckled. His finger moved to the trigger and I pushed Mason out of the way as the gun went off...
   But I felt nothing. I opened my eyes to see Michelle killing the demon, the bullet nowhere in sight. I looked at Mason to see fury and worry in his eyes.
    "Why would you-" He started.
     I cut him off by kissing him hard on the lips.
     "I won't stand aside while you take a bullet. We protect each other." I told him.
     His arms set firmly around my waist and he leaned his forehead against mine.
     "You are more worthy of a Luna than any other." He said.
      He shifted once again and I followed his actions.
      'Let's go home.' He said.