Chapter 8

I woke up the next morning and smooothed my hand over the bed, expecting to feel Mason's body. When I didn't, I opened my eyes slowly to see the space next to me empty. A note with a white rose sat on his pillow. I picked up the note and rubbed my eyes before reading the neat writing.

~London. I wish I could have woke up next to you but unfortunately I was needed in another pack house early this morning. I should be back by noon. Enjoy the rose, as pire as you, my queen.~

    By the time I finished the letter, a bright smile had plastered itself on my face. I picked up the rose that had been plucked of it's thorns. I took a small sniff and my nose filled with it's sweet scent. I set the flower on the bedside table along with the note and got out of the comfy bed.

    I showered and dried off before realizing I had no more clothes to wear. I dug in Mason's closet and took out a white shirt of his and shorts that were his. I was about to put them on when there was a small knock on the door. I pulled the towel closer to me and opened the door. A young woman stood before me. A human woman.
    "Hello." I greeted.
    "Hello, ma'am. The Alpha told me to bring you some clothing this morning." She said quietly.
    "Thank you." I replied.
    I gently took the pile of neatly folded clothes from her amd she nodded with a timid smile. She turned to walk down the steps as I closed the door. I let the towel fall to the floor and put the clothes on. I picked up the towel and hung it on the hook in the bathroom.
    I walked down the hall to check on Aaron. It was only 7AM. I didn't expect him to be awake yet anyway. I was right, he was still snoring peacefully when I peaked into his room. I smiled gently and closed the door softly. I heard chatter from downstairs and followed the sounds. When I got to the kitchen, mostly women filled the large, very large, kitchen.
    "Good morning, Luna." Everyone chorused.
    I smiled, partly overwhelmed. I took a seat at the island, not very hungry at all. I missed Mason and I wanted Aaron to be up. I was rather bored and lonely without my men.
    "Could I make you anything, Luna?" Someone asked.
I turned my head to the voice who had spoke to me and a woman around my age had asked the question. Maybe 21 actually.
    "No, thank you... um...?" I trailed off, waiting for a name.
    "Kaitlin Shannon. I'm the alpha's twin's mate." She replied.
I was surprised to hear this in a way. Manny seemed so carefree, almost too carefree to have a mate yet. Most males get more serious when they find their mate. Never the less, he was lucky to have her. She was beautiful, with green eyes, long brown and blonde hair and tall.
    "Oh. It's nice ro meet you, Kaitlin." I replied.
    I caught sight of her mark on her neck. It was beautiful. It was nothing specific, more like lines that were intertwined so many different ways but it was still beautiful. Before she could reply, I spoke again.
    "Your mark is beautiful." I commented.
    I got nervous after I said it, not knowing if I was suppose to comment on things like that. She blushed.
    "Thank you. It fits our crazy relationship. Sometimes scrambled." She giggled.
    "Would you like to take a seat?" I asked.
    She looked surprised at first but slowly sank down onto the stool that was in front of the bar counter.
    "May I ask what being marked is like?" I questioned curiously.
    She smiled and caught her lip between her teeth. Her fingers twitched and her hand came up to her neck to let her fingers glide over the mark. It was still a little red, looked like it had just been done a few days ago.
    "It's... exceptional. Every girl worries that it may hurt or sting or.. or... be painful at all. But it is not. Not at all. It is the most pleasureable feeling and fulfilling thing I have ever experienced in my 22 years. Even making love does not compare. Finding your mate to begin with comes as a close second, but still.. not like what it's like to be theirs and make them yours forever." She sighed dreamily.
    A haze fell over her green eyes. A haze of love and adoration. I smiled. She was thinking of Manny. She turned in her chair to face me completely and looked on either side of my neck in a suddle manner. I knew people would be curious to know if Mason had mated and marked me yet. But I've never mated with anyone, Mason was my first kiss even.
    Kaitlin and I continued talking, other women catching onto our talks and joining in. Pretty soon most of the eomen were talking with us. I had no idea how I would remember all of their names. After about an hour and a half of talking, a young wolf about the age of 19 came through the kitchen.
    She looked rather determined for just wanting an orange from the island counter. The women continued talking, eyeing the young she-wolf as well. She caught sight of me and I gave a small smile to the pack member. Her eyes narrowed slightly and her lip seemed to turn up slightly. She looked to be hispanic, at least half, and she did not seem to like me.
    Two more young wolves came in as well and acted the same way toward me. I stiffened my posture and raised my head when the first young wolf seemed to start to bear her teeth. I let my eyes flicker to my wolf's who was angry, feeling threatened.
    She stabbed the orange with her fingernail and followed her friends out of the kitchen. I relaxed once again and realized the women around me had silenced and had been watching the encounter.
    "I wouldn't worry about the young she-wolf luna. She is troubled, her mother taught her ways that are wrong." A she-wolf by the name of Stacy told me.
    My eyebrows furrowed, not really knoeing ehat that means.
    "Her mother has taught her to go after men with power. She is so close to being at the age to finding her matr. Dear goddess I hope she does find him. She tried getting to the alpha and the beta and third in command so many times." Another told me.
    "She tried to seduce all three, all three refusing her. And she is only eighteen, barely. In a few months she will be. Much too young to be taught that way." An older she-wolf said, shaking her head gloomily.
    The thought of a young she-wolf or any she-wolf trying to get to my Mason that way made my blood boil. I could see Kaitlin felt the same way I did about the idea of someone doing that to Manny.
    "I hope she gives you no trouble, Luna." Another told me.
    "Yes. I hope so too." I replied.