Chapter 19

That night, I stood outside on the balcony that is connected to Mason and I's bedroom. Mason and Aaron lay sleeping in our large bed. My worries kept me from blissful slumber, not to mention the nightmares. Nightmares of what did, could have, and may happen to Iris. I looked up at the moon and sighed, my breathe a fog in the cold air. I called to my wolf, needing her just at the surface to connect with the moon goddess. Inhuman nails, eyes, and teeth came out but I stopped my wolf there. I breath in the cold night air and exhale slowly, repeating a few times.

    Once my negative thoughts were gone, I began speaking to the moon Goddess.

    "Please, please, i beg of you. Don't take her from me... Not like this, not at all please. She is not suppose to die first.... Please, they are all I have left, let me be there for them... and them for me. You gave me a mate, you gave me apiece of my pack back. I'll give it all back if it means she lives! I'll give it all back to you! Don't take her! Don't!"

    I was beginning to fall into hysteria at just the thought of losing her and i felt arms wrap around me. I recognized the scent as Mason. He pulled me away from the balcony and shut the doors to it, setting me on the love seat in our room. I shook as I cried so much and he held me, stroking my hair. I looked at him and saw tear brim his beautiful eyes. I put my hand to his cheek and kissed his cheek.

    "How old are you?" I whispered.

    He sighed. "London, I don't want to-" I cut him off.

     "Please. The second day of meeting, I found out you were a destined Alpha. You have never told me a thing about that. I would much rather talk about this and distract myself from other things." I pleaded.

    He looked at me for a few long moments and sighed. He nodded and i turned around so i could lean my back against him. He draped his large arm over my shoulder and I kissed his forearm.

    "What do you wanna know?" He asked.

    "How old are you?" I asked him.

   "107." He answered.

    I nodded and looked over when Aaron started to mumble but he was still sleeping.

     "Okay. Have you always had this pack or have you had multiple?" I asked.

     "Just this one. I inherited it from my father and many of the pack members are third to fourth generation werewolves of this pack." He answered.

     "Where is your father now?" I asked him.

     He was quiet for a long moment and just as I was about to turn to look at him, he answered.

     "I killed him. Seventy years ago. Twenty years after he murdered my mother." He said and I tried to sit up but he wouldn't let me.

     "Please don't. Just let me talk." He said. I nodded.

    "My father was abusive to all his children and my mother. I was his most hated child though and he always said i was a failure and he regretted the day I was conceived. He blamed my mother for giving birth to a failure... One day when my Father was coming after me with a broken bottle, my Mother stepped in. She tried to stop him and my eyes followed the bottle as it smashed against the wall. At that very second I heard my mother scream. My father had pushed her down the 40 stairs in the old pack house. I had never seen so much blood in my life." He paused.

    I rubbed his arm, letting him know I was here for him. He took a deep breath.

     "My siblings were away at the time with other family members. They returned as soon as they heard. He made me play into the story that my mother's death was a complete accident. I was only a teen back then, but I knew what really happened. I was just too scared of him to come out and say it. Years later, my father remarried. He was kinder to his new wife but not by much. I kept a watchful eye on his new wife as much as I could. But... She came up missing. I knew it was my father but he played the strong Alpha roll. I confronted him, telling him I knew what really happened. I told him I would expose him for what he did to my Mother."
He started to shake and I snuggled into him more, reminding him I was here.
"He said the only way I would be able to expose him would be if I were alive. We both shifted in the woods where we were speaking. He said he had been waiting for this for too long and he lunged. He was out for blood but so was I. I sliced his throat and stayed until he took his last breath. I was almost put up for execution but... my mother convinced the moon Goddess to help me. The Goddess showed them all what really happened to my mother. I still do not know what happened to my father's second wife. She was never found." He finished.
I sat up and turned toward him, hugging him tightly. He sighed shakily and I kissed him gently.
"I felt for so many years I would turn into my father after my first kill being my own blood." He admitted.
I shook my head
"No, Mason, no. You are not your father. Do you hear me? Your father was a murderer and he would have murdered you too if you had not defended yourself." I told him firmly.
      His eyes were red with sorrow as he looked at me and my heart bled for him. I hugged him tightly and he hugged me back. I pulled away and his eyes began to go back to normal as he stopped thinking about such tragic things.
       "I love you." I smiled at him.
       "I love you as well." He whispered, his voice so deep it sent shivers down my back.
       I leaned against him again, stroking his arm with my fingers. For a moment, we weren't Alpha and soon to be Luna. We did not have a pup in the hospital. We did not have tragic pasts weighing us down. For a moment, we were just together and in love. Normal people. In that moment, I finally knew what it was to feel bliss.