Blankets

CHAPTER FIVE

Jimin was utterly shocked.

Minnie?

Yoongi never called him that.

He liked the new nickname but it just felt slightly

wrong.

It wasn't like Yoongi to use nicknames and be all cutsie at all. It was just how he was.

But if it meant that they could move past the whole pacifier incident he was more than willing to accept a Disney movie as an apology.

There was just one problem.

The way he spoke.

It was just so comforting and inviting.

He could feel himself slipping.

"Y-yeah s-sure." He stammered.

Yoongi smiled at him triumphantly.

"Why don't you go get into something comfy and I'll make some popcorn. How does that sound?"

What are you up to? Jimin thought to himself, not quite grasping at the situation.

He nodded none the less and wandered off into his room.

👶

By the time he came back towards the kitchen in his oversized pj top and bottoms, the sweet smell of popcorn invaded his nose.

When he was finally standing by the table he could see Yoongi now, standing by the microwave as he waited patiently.

He turned around when he heard Jimin's footsteps,  a small smile finding it's way to his lips when he could see Jimin now.

"Why, don't you look cute?"

Jimin turned his head away from the elder, his cheeks becoming a dusted pink at the comment.

He felt like Yoongi was trying too hard for some reason, or was he?

Yoongi wandered over to him slowly, never taking his eyes off of the younger once.

"How are you doing?" He asked.

"I-I'm good." Jimin spoke quickly.

Yoongi smirked at him knowingly. "You seem nervous."

"Me? nervous? Why would I be nervous?" He laughed awkwardly.

The way Yoongi's smile grew bigger implied to the younger that he knew Jimin was lying.

He turned back around when the microwave began to beep, indicating that the popcorn was ready.

He opened the packet quickly before pouring it into a bowl.

Jimin's was too dazed and focused on not slipping up that he had noticed Yoongi's walking over to him to grab his wrist.

He gasped slightly as he began being dragged towards the sofa. The TV paused at the beginning of Up.

Yoongi you cheeky bastard.

The first time they had ever watched this film together was three years ago when Jimin's parents were going through a rough time that led to their divorce.

Jimin, during that time, spent most his days (and some nights) over at the older's apartment.

The movie had such an effect on him, mainly because he equated it to his parents, that Yoongi ended hugging him for about and hour straight just to make sure that he was okay.

Was this what Yoongi wanted?

A hug?

It wouldn't surprise Jimin if this was what Yoongi was up to. But it was just a very weird way in getting what he wanted.

Yoongi pulled Jimin down next to him, their bodies pressed unbelievably close to each other that it almost seemed unnatural.

As Yoongi got comfortable and let the movie play, Jimin was finding it hard to focus.

Don't do it don't do it don't do it.

He told himself.

Jimin turned ever so slowly so that the elder could no longer see his face, just incase he wanted to see him crying his eyes out over and animation, and furrowed his eyebrows at the screen.

Everything was happy for a while, until suddenly Ellie was sitting in a hospital being told she couldn't have kids, and the tears where pricking at his eyes slightly.

As if on queue, Yoongi's hand reached over to touch Jimin's.

It was hesitant, but comforting.

"Are you gonna cry Minnie?" Yoongi's voice soothed into the darkness of the living room.

Jimin closed his eyes and let out a breathy he didn't notice he had been holding in before speaking.

"M-Minnie's okay." He whispered really quietly.

That wasn't supposed to happen.

He was supposed to say "yeah I'm fine" or "I'll be grand"

But of course the little in him got the better of him.

As he turned to the elder slowly, he noticed a look on his face he couldn't describe.

It made him feel attacked yet comfortable.

He was confused.

He stood up abruptly, grabbing the remote before pausing the film.

"I just remembered." He began, trying to muster up as much confidence as possible. "That I have work early in the morning. I can't stay up late tonight."

Yoongi looked at him puzzled.

"It only seven thirty."

Jimin let out a stressed laugh.

"Haha w-well, you can never go to bed too early!"

Jimin.

Why do you do this?

But surprisingly and thankfully, Yoongi shrugged it off.

"Okay, sleep well Jimin."

As he was leaving, Yoongi called for him again.

A small smile etched at his lips from where he sat.

"Don't forget to dream of me~" He cooed.

Jimin didn't stay for long.

As soon as he felt his blush creep onto his face, he ran for his room.

"Wait until Taehyung and Seokjin hyung hear about this"

-

How's everyone liking the story?

I've got good things planned.