Chapter 1

"And the Winner of Miss Kentucky is..." There was a slight pause and it felt like everyones breathing has stopped. "Miss Faith Tomlinson!" I gasped and everyone cheered. I walked across the stage to accept my crown and sash. My smile was as big as the UK where I was born.

"Thank you everyone! This is such a surprise to me!" I smiled and the old Miss Kentucky placed the crown on my head.

"Miss Tomlinson we will see you next week in Washington, D.C for the Miss USA competition! Congrats!" the guy announcer said. I walked off stage to see my friends and parents here.

"Mom?! Dad?!" I squealed and ran up to hug them! "I can't believe your both here!" we hugged and separated.

"I'm so proud of you honey!" my dad said and handed me some flowers. Lets exit the real world and let me introduce myself more clearly. Hi I am Faith Tomlinson im 19 years old. I am a beauty pageant contestant and as you can see I enter competitions. One of the main reasons I moved to USA was to become a beauty pageant model here and to try out for American Idol, which I go to try out on in a month. I have a older brother who you all probably know but I don't like to talk about him very much.. Why? Another story for another day I'm afraid. My height is 5'6ft and I have long spiral curled blonde hair, my eyes are light like a clear pool you can say, me and my brother have some similarities but some differences. Now that you know me more lets continue with the real world.

"Thanks daddy." I smiled and we all left to go eat.

"Where do you want to eat at??" My mom asked.

"Olive Garden!" I smiled then I looked down at my blue dress and frowned. "I can't eat in this."

"Don't worry we brought you extra clothes." my mom said and handed me a bag. I looked inside to see my dark blue jeans, and a pink half shirt that shows my stomach a little and says 'Love' and my pink converses. Mom did a pretty good job picking out my clothes.

"Thanks mom!" I said "When are you guys going back to England?" I asked.

"After you try out for American Idol. Maybe your brother will be able to come." my dad said and looked at me from the review mirror. I frowned and looked out my window. "Faith don't tell me you still blame your brother. He didnt mean to and he did apologize."

"He still did it dad." I mumbled and he nodded and shared a glance with my mom.

*flash back*

"Faith are you ready for your first pageant ever??" my mom asked my 8 year old self.

"Yeah!" I squealed and my brother came over to me.

"Good luck Faith!" my brother said and gave me a hug he's one year older than me.

"Thanks Louis." I smiled. And gave him another hug. I left to go on stage, after a series a competitions it was time for judging. I wore a navy blue dress that went to my knees and sparkled because of glitter, my hair was curled like usual and I had a little make up on. I know Diva right? Heck no! I'm the most Tom boyish contest out there. For my talent section I broke boards for karate since I'm a black belt. After the judging the winner was announced and no I didn't win 1st place. I was 1st runner up. I was disappointed yes, I got off stage and went to my mom.

"Better luck next time sweety." she said and kissed my forehead.

"No sweat Faith, she's no where close to as pretty as you are." Louis said and hugged me. "Your the prettiest girl around and your my little sis." Louis smiled and we walked to the car together.

*end flashback*

I missed mine and Louis good times but I'm not ready to forgive him. What happened? You'll find out later. I looked at my parents talking in the front and we arrived at Olive Garden. I jumped out of the car then remembered I was in my dress still.