December 22nd 5:39PM

Morgan watched as a young man with shaved black hair and a large grin walked over to her table. No, not walked. Sauntered. He sauntered over to her table, his head held high and his shoulders pressed back. She put down her phone and gazed up at him, questioning his intentions. No one had yet to approach her unless it was the cashier bringing her something.

"Ay, how are you doing this fine day?" He asked, nonchalantly resting a hand on one of the chairs opposite her. She looked down at his pale hand and followed his arm back up his body. Letterman jacket, blue jeans too tight, and what appeared to be a sports tee, all matched with a flashy grin and blue eyes.

"I was great until you showed up," Morgan replied before returning her focus to her phone. She picked up the cup of hot coffee in front of her and took a sip. The hint of peppermint soothed her nerves.

"Sassy, I like it! I have a proposition for you, milady," the man said, putting too much emphasis on the last word. Morgan rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"I'm not doing anything or going anywhere with you for anything. Not interested," she snapped, eyes narrowing at the stranger. He pursed his lips together and tapped his fingers upon the black metal of the chair back.

"Can I sit?" Morgan answered with a groan and hung her head, her golden hair brushing against the wooden table top. The man took it as an okay and sat down, folding his hands together on the table in front of him.

"It is not about me, although you would enjoy me-"

"Doubt it," Morgan snapped, staring the man straight in the face. He let out an angry huff and squeezed his hands together. She was pretty sure she could hear his foot tapping underneath the table and resisted the urge to kick him in the shin. Would that make him leave faster?

"I am making a proposition for my friend, that is if you're available this Christmas," the man said, his voice slow and rough. Morgan wanted to laugh at his weak attempt to hold back his anger. His blue eyes burned, staring her down.

"And why are you asking for him?" Morgan asked, lifting her cup to take a sip. A few drops splashed out over the white lid and she gently licked them off.

"He's too shy, never been that great around people, let alone girls," the man shrugged and looked over his shoulder. Morgan followed his gaze to the other man that had entered the store. He was standing in the corner, fingers to his mouth as he nibbled on the nails, his face glued to the teen behind the counter. Morgan's demeanor softened when she saw him and couldn't help but watch as he ran a hand through his auburn hair.

"What is it?" Morgan asked, turning back to the man in front of her. He erupted into a grin once again and sat up straight in the chair.

"He needs someone to pretend to be his girlfriend."

"What? Why?" Morgan fired out. The man's face fell into a displeased frown. He let out a heavy sigh and shook his head.

"If you would just let me finish," he grumbled. Morgan took another sip of her coffee, mumbling a sorry out of her mouth against the lid. "His step mother is going to make him marry this really bitchy girl that no one likes if he doesn't get a girlfriend soon. He caves too easily so unless he shows up looking like he's already got a girlfriend, presto chango, guess who is now having to be a best man at a wedding no one wants?" The man gestured to himself, a look of disgust crossing his face.

"You're hoping she will back off of him if I'm there as his girlfriend?" Morgan asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, that's the plan. Are you in?" the man smiled, one corner of his mouth higher than the other, waiting for her to respond. Morgan looked back over his shoulder. This time the other guy was watching the scene play out at the table. When he noticed that she was watching, he stood up straighter and jammed his hands into the pockets of his coat. His head bowed and he looked away, out the window.

"Do I get to punch you if I say yes?" Morgan asked the man with black hair sitting in front of her. He nodded his head, a grin spread upon his face once more. The two stood up together, and just like she asked, Morgan reached across the table and punched the man in the arm. A woof of breath blew from his lips and he grabbed his arm.

"Was not expecting that," he said. He turned away as he rubbed his arm, heading back towards the auburn haired man. Morgan watched out of the corner of her eye as she dug out her duffel bag from under the chair. The cashier handed two coffees out to the men who took them. She watched as the man with auburn hair took the coffee gently, his hands shaking.

"Who is going to go for it?" The auburn haired man asked. "You have tried this on other people. No one wants to spend their Christmas pretending to be some random girlfriend?" He turned away briefly to thank the cashier as he took a large box.

"Dude," the black haired man tried to interject.

"Can we just go? Please?" Morgan walked up to the two of them and stopped.

"I hope I actually get to know your name, otherwise this would be a really awkward few days. Asshole over here didn't bother to tell me anything about you besides you could use some help," Morgan said, motioning to the black haired man. The one with auburn hair stared at her, his face contorted in surprise and disbelief.

"Told you it would work! All you needed was a little of me!" The black haired man cheered.

"I didn't do it for you, I did it for him," Morgan motioned with her free hand to the auburn haired man. She turned her attention back to the black haired man. "And I will punch you again." The man shied away, clutching at his arm once more.

"We're good," he whimpered. Morgan turned back to the auburn haired man who was still staring at her.

"I'm Morgan and apparently your girlfriend for a few days," she introduced herself. She would have stuck out her hand to shake his, but his arms were full.

"Henry."