December 22nd 6:31PM

"You sure about this?" Henry asked. He stood on the porch, one hand holding his coffee, the other holding his car keys. Morgan stood in front of him, the sampler in her hands along with her coffee. Her duffel was swung over her shoulder and she leaned away from it, keeping her balance. She averted her eyes away from the brick archway they were underneath and turned her gaze to Henry.

"You dad likes to be called sir unless he says you can call him something different. Allison is your older sister and is into all the latest trends and works for a fashion magazine as a secretary even though she flaunts it like she's an editor. Katie is seventeen and into dance and stuffed animals, also gets into fights with Allison because she has her own style. Maddie is your half sister and is spoiled rotten, but still loves all of you despite her mother wanting to get rid of you. And your step mom, also known as the bitch, is a bitch and will be bitchy to me," Morgan said. She let out a heavy breath and nodded her head. "I'm ready."

Henry took a deep breath and looked at his feet, unmoving. "I'm sorry to bring you into this."

"Hey, don't worry about it. I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to be," Morgan said softly, trying to reassure Henry. He looked up, his hazel eyes gleaming in the porch light. "I just need to know if I have to watch my mouth or if snippy comments to your step mom are acceptable?"

Henry let out a snort of laughter and nodded his head. "Please do. Come on, let's go inside." Henry reached out and turned the door knob. Morgan peered around him as the large wooden door gave way to a mudroom. Shoes were stacked neatly onto white shoe racks and coats were hung up on a coat rack. She stepped inside and Henry closed the door behind her. Setting the sampler and coffee down on the bench under the coat rack, Morgan pulled off her sneakers and set them nicely onto the rack. Henry set down his coffee next to hers and helped her shrug her coat off. He took it from her and hung it up onto the rack. She picked up the duffel bag, coffee, and sampler before following Henry through the doorway and into the foyer.

"Wow," she breathed, looking at the large white staircase directly in front of her. It went up to a landing framed by a large stained glass window, the staircase split and doubled back, leading to the second floor. Under the large staircase led a smaller staircase, heading into the basement. The white walls were decorated with expensive paintings and bright green plants. A large door to the right led into the living room. Morgan took a step towards it, peering in at the white and silver furniture and the black fireplace.

"Anita only let's it be used for her meetings. Otherwise we aren't allowed in," Henry said, having been watching Morgan's interest.

"Seriously?" she asked, turning to look up at Henry. He nodded his head and stuffed his spare hand in his pocket. Morgan shook her own head and headed to the left of the foyer. Two arches doorways rest on this side. The first led into the dining room area, the other, closer to the basement stairs, Morgan couldn't see what it was.

"The breakfast bar is back there," Henry began as if he could read her mind, "it looks out over the neighbor's backyard." He led her into the dining room where a round glass table sat on a green tribal rug. The centerpiece was a fruit bowl wrapped in green garland. Behind the table was a kitchen counter, sticking out into the room. The white granite countertops matched the white tile floor. Morgan set the sampler down onto the counter and looked around the two rooms. From her spot at the counter, she could see into the breakfast bar. A large counter ran along the wall underneath the windows, five stools tucked underneath the tops.

"This is a nice house," Morgan commented. Henry nodded his head as footsteps echoed down the staircase. A teenage girl appeared around the corner, her hair up in a bun, wearing pink pajama pants and an oversize Star Wars shirt. She stopped next to the table and stared at Henry and Morgan.

"Henry who is?" The girl asked as her phone vibrated in her hand. She set it down on the table and tipped her head.

"Uh, Katie this is Morgan, Morgan this is Katie," he said. Morgan lifted her hand in a wave. Katie raised an eyebrow and continued to flick her eyes between the two.

"Is she? Are you?" Katie asked. Morgan turned and looked up at Henry as he nodded his head. Katie's mouth tugged into a smile and she let out a small shriek that startled Morgan and Henry. Before either of them could say anything, Katie had raced forward and tackled Morgan in a hug. Morgan let her duffel bag drop to the ground and returned the hug, looking at Henry in shock. He was smiling.

"Katie what was that?" A shrill voice called up the stairs. Katie broke away from Morgan and let out a soft groan. A woman in her forties, dressed in a murky green pants suit appeared in the doorway. Her black boots clacked on the hardwood floor as she walked closer. She shifted her thin rimmed glasses on her nose and stopped. "Who is this?"

"Henry's girlfriend. Here for the holidays. Hope that is okay, Anita," Katie deadpanned, walking around Henry and into the kitchen. She pulled out a gallon of milk and set it on the counter before pulling out a glass. Anita stepped closer to Morgan and Henry. As she approached, Morgan could hear Henry's breathing quicken and he reached out and put a hand on Morgan's shoulder. Anita grabbed Morgan's chin in her hand.

"And who are you?" Anita asked. Morgan remained silent and looked down at her hand. Anita let out a huff and let Morgan's chin go.

"I'm Morgan," Morgan stated, holding out her hand for Anita to shake. Anita recoiled and shook her head.

"Henry, we talked about this. We're going to have a discussion later with your father," Anita said. She turned on one heel and clacked out of the room. Her footsteps echoed through the foyer as she made her way back downstairs.

"Welcome to the family," Katie stated, taking a pastry out of the box.